chapter 37

Noah POV

Eliana stares up at me with her big doe brown eyes, curling up against me.

How can I worry when she crowds my mind every second of the day? Times like now are needed for me. I don't think I can sleep without her next to me.

"I know it's hard to deal with this situation. I'm sorry." Eliana whispers on my chest. My heart rate increases.

Why does she have to be so cute again?

"I'm worried more about you than I am about your old pack." I squeeze her closer to me, hugging her sides. She remains quiet, waiting for me to go on.

"I don't like the thought of you being taken away from me, in anyway. It fucks with my head when all these factors threaten to do that." Her hands move slowly across my naked abs as I shiver under her touch.

"I'm worried about you too." She whispers.

"You always stress yourself out. Don't think about my problems or my anything. Just be here with me in the moment." She continues, laying her hand flat on my chest. I grin, looking down into her eyes as she smiles up at me.

She's right.

Eliana yelps as my arms around her tighten and I tangle my legs with hers. My cheek pressed into the top of her head as I snuggle closer to her.

"Ok. I'll stay right here with you." I smirk, as she pushes against me. I loosen my grip, chuckling.

"Are you trying to kill me?" Eliana gasp, as glares at me.

"You don't like my hugs?" I ask, sending her a pout. She scoffs, sitting up.

"You want to be funny?" She asks, turning to me as she slowly pulls off our blanket.

What's this?

"I like funny." She crawls towards me, into my lap and inches in front of my face.

Eliana? She doesn't know how dangerous she's being right now.

I lay stunned as her finger draws a line from the top of my chest down and further towards...

She's trying to fuck with my self-control. It's already hanging by a thread.

"Eliana, stop- I can't." I stutter out, wide-eyed as she flexes her hands.

I know what this is now. Fuck.

She pounces, letting her touch dance up and down my sides as I can't control the laughter that leaves me.

"You can't breathe, right?" She asks, smirking down at me as tears come to my as and I curl up, trying to avoid her fingers.

I have to do something, my stomach hurts.

I grab Eliana's wrist and pin her down beneath me, breathing heavily as she looks up, still grinning. She sticks her tongue out.

So this is the childish side of her I see when she's with her friends, or more specifically Bethany. It's annoyingly cute.

"What should I do with you?" I ask, leaning down closer to her. I let my front meet hers. Her smile doesn't twitch.

"Whatever you want." Her voice lowers as she finishes her statement and her smiles falls. She avoids my eyes. I tense.

She can't say something like that and expect me to stay sane, right?

"I'm giving you one last chance to take that back, right now." I wait, staring now at her as the events from earlier come to mind.

She said she loves me. Her smile beamed under the moonlight as we drove around the human city. It felt real.