chapter 53

Noah POV

Eliana's eyes widen as I pull her back into the room completely.

"Are you trying to leave me?" My voice cracks, as my breathing intensifies.

She felt far away. I felt the distance she put between us but I didn't realize it was this bad.

She's leaving. She's leaving.

"Noah, I-"

"If this is about the-the pack, I can tell them to stop. You don't have to run away like this. We can fix this." I stammer, pulling her in closer to me.

"Noah, that's not the reason."

"Then what? What is it? I'll deal with whatever. I can handle that for you. I'll do anything, you just can't leave me." My hands tremble.

Why is this happening? What's been going through her mind? How can I stop her? How can I stop this?

"I have to take care of all of this. I don't think I can come back before that. I-"

"Take care of all of this? You mean you want to go fight them? By yourself?! No, I won't let you go. I can't."

That's like leaving her to die. I'll die with her. I'll go with her. She can't do that alone.

"I have to go alone." She whispers, I shake my head.

"Why? I asked you to talk to me. I asked you not to carry all of this by yourself. Eliana, I won't let you kill yourself." Tears wet her face as she rips her arm out of my hold.

"You are the Alpha! You have a family. You desevre to live with every single one of your members. I brought this fight to you all and I can't let you give up anymore lives. Not because of me, Noah!" She shouts, crying hard. Water fills my eyes as well.

"Why do you think I'll be able to survive without you? You know if you go in there by yourself, you won't be coming back. We already came up with a plan, so you don't have to do this. You could help us with the plan if you want but-" She pushes me away as the door slams open.

"Noah? We heard shouting." Kai and the others stand at the doorway, Beth somewhere among them.

"Get out." I growl, turning a glare towards them.

They're going to push her away, just like they have been. Making her feel like she has to do all of this for their fucking approval. Shit.

"I don't want any lives lost." She looks back towards the window. I flinch.

"We're willing to die to avenge them. We want to fight, Eliana." The door closes as I grab her hand.

"I still have to go do something, ok?" I tighten my grip on her.

"I can't be without you." I breathe out, putting my forehead against her shoulder, bringing her hand up to my lips.

"Noah-"

"You're mine. It doesn't matter where you come from." I lift my head.

"You know it matters." She whispers, turning away from me.

"Eliana, please! Look at me! I won't let you leave. You belong with me." I tug her into my arms, embracing her tightly.

Forget everyone. I'll run away with her if she wants. I'll destroy the whole-

"I know you feel guilty too, Noah, for supporting me through all this. You don't have to anymore." She says against my chest.

"What are you talking about?" I ask, pulling back again.

We hasn't bonded completely yet how can she know about my dreams? I barely remember them myself.

They don't matter.

"Noah, we won't last if I stay. The pack hates me, you're hurting, and everything is just wrong. I'm going to go fix it, even if I don't make it here." She cries.

"No, no I can't let you go. Eliana, there's no way I'll watch you go!" My arm goes out, reaching for her other hand. My hand halts in the air, inches away from her wrists.

"Eliana..." Only my lips and eyes move as she slips out my hand and goes back to the front of the window.  Moonlight shines on the side of her face as she smiles at me.

I was scared she would do this. She can control it now and she's using it to get away from me. She's going to leave.

"I love you Noah. Goodbye." She blinks the tears out of her eyes, closing them as she shoots out of the window, gone. My tears flow down my face like two rivers.

She's gone. Gone.

Eliana POV

I land on my paws, taking off into the forest. My mind focuses on Noah and his pack, holding them back as long as I can.

If I didn't freeze the whole pack, they'd come after me. Just like Liam did before.

They need to have some time to think before they jump into action, especially Noah.

Noah...

My fur holds my tears as they fly free, following the wind behind me.

I had to do this. It had to happen. I selfishly came there, not thinking about anyone other than myself. I'm a part of the pack that attacked their's. I simply don't fit in.

If I want to make things better for them, I have to attack the source. My own pack.

The bond has been weaken between us, but I haven't joined Noah's pack yet so it will regain it's strength after I land back on that land.

I'll miss the bright days I spent with Noah, Alyssa, Beth, everyone. I know my pack won't let me return so easily and they won't be defeated so simply if they have the same powers I do.

I'm faster.

My wolf says, sprinting through the woods, moving up and down the moss covered roots. The trunks stand as tall as they had last time.

I never thought I'd be coming back willingly.

We dash out the forest, running by the side of the black tar road. The road takes us pass the cliff, going around the long way, where Noah probably took to reach the house when he came there.

The day he changed my life.

A strange scent teases my nose as I run up the road leading to the driveway in front of my old pack home.

This isn't what we-

My wolf howls as teeth sink into our leg. Tumbling across the road, we slide to a stop.

"I didn't actually think you would come back by yourself. I should've know." Shivers go down my back, sending my fur standing in hives, as I growl.

Liam.

I turn to meet his eyes as a couple wolves gather at either side of him, one licking the blood he took off my leg. I glare at them.

"We can't have you going out on a rampage the moment you come home. The witches have been waiting for you. We even got punished because you decided to fucking run away." He kicks me in my ribs, bending low, coming face to face with me. I bare my teeth.

I'll kill him.

"You had no right to leave, bitch. Now go to sleep, we'll deal with you in the morning." My jaws open to bite off a portion of his face as a stabbing pain comes from my back. I whimper, crumbling even lower on this road.

I was supposed to defeat them. I was supposed to...
____________________________________
95k ~ 8/11/20

Woah. Woah. Woah. We're number 6 in werewolf and we've gone up like 30k in two days. I'm shook asf.

Thank u all so much for the views, comments, everything. Woah.

Thoughts!?

Next update in two to three days.

XO.