chapter 42

Noah POV

It was them. It had always been them? How the fuck did they hide it? Why the fuck did I miss it?!

I get up from my bed, careful not to wake Eliana as they take small steps towards us.

Kai, get the men and get up here now. We have intruders.

The response is silent.

What's going on?

"Did you try to call for your men? Sorry, we have a spell for that one too. They won't be up for at least 30 minutes. Maybe twenty, knowing your pack." Liam holds up a bottle.

Spells? But the only ones with any kind of power here is Eliana.

"You don't have to know where they're from. Let's call them gifts." He says, stepping towards to me as his father stands behind him.

"We were expecting you. I knew you guys would try something." I smirk, my wolf on the verge of taking over.

It's them. It's them.

"I'm guessing you recognize something about us. That's why we need her back, so she can cover up this smell forever and we can live in peace. After all, she is one of us." Liam says, stopping in front of me.

"The rogues from 13 years ago? They were you guys?" I tremble, clenching my teeth and trying to breath.

I checked if it was them. They didn't smell anything like that. Anything like this. It's impossible.

Every time we got anything from them, it would smell slightly different. What am I supposed to think?

"Bingo. You see, there are tons or wolves pissed off with us so we need to hide our scent. That's where Eliana is useful." He says, his smirk still big on his face.

"What do you mean?" I grit out, trying not to wake her.

If she wakes up, she'll be scared. It'll set off her powers and fuck up the progress she's already made.

I promised her she would never have to see them ever again.

Fuck, they really have me cornered.

"You probably know by now something's different about Eliana. She has these abilities that she can use without even realizing she's using, that's how we've survived for the last 13 years." He explains, stopping in front of me.

"Don't come any closer. I'll rip your throat out." I deadpan as Liam looks at me for a second and then bursts into laughter.

"I don't think you see what kind of a spot you're in. My father and I are Alphas, same as you. Two Alpha's against one. It's twice the power." He reasons.

He's right, but I'm letting them leave with Eliana. I'd rather die.

"Why are telling me all this anyway?" I ask, as he scoffs and walks away, deeper into my room, not near the bed.

"I want to taunt you. I want you to know the rogues that ruined your life before are about to ruin it again. I need you to know exactly why before we kill you." Liam smiles, leaning against my closet door.

Fuck him. I'll kill him and his whole pack. Fuck forgiveness, I can't leave this in the past not when It's right here. They came to me, now I have to destroy them.

They've fucked with me one too many times.

"You're going to kill me?" I chuckle. He frowns.

"I don't see any other way of this going. We'll take Eliana, you'll die and your pack we be lost without you. That's the plan." He glares at me.

If they weren't using spells or whatever the fuck, our soldiers would tear them apart. Fuck this isn't looking good.

"I've been looking for you guys a long time now. This is perfect. I get to sink my teeth into you. I'll do what I should've done as a child." My nails sharpen as my wolf leaks out slightly preparing to battle.

"We came ready for this too. We have a taser, some silver spoons, and a gun. You take your pick." He tilts his head at me as I glare at them.

They killed my sister, are trying to take away Eliana, and now they want to kill me.

How can a group be so bad? They shouldn't be left running around.

"I'd rather hand to hand combat." I say, turning to the father, trying to be light on my feet as I charge towards his grabbing his wrists and twisting it. Liam laughs, watching.

His father wears gloves, holding a piece of silver, laying on my side. I brace myself for the seizing pain but a pinch and a tingle barely happen.

What's going on?

"It's not working?" His dad questions.

I might as well deal with this old guy first then. If silver doesn't hurt, I'm invincible. I'll kill both of them today.

I snap his wrists, taking the silver rod in my hands and pressing against the wound. He groans out and falls to his knees, unable to stand the silver burn.

With silver, everything hurts ten times as bad as a normal wound. I don't know why it's not affecting me but great.

"What the fuck?" Liam whispers from across the room.

His father passes out, plopping on the ground below him. I turn to Liam.

"You're a freak." Liam whispers, pulling a knife and a taser out to attack me. I walk towards him slowly.

"You've done too much to my family and now you want to take away the love of my life? It's like you're asking me to end you." I stop in front of him.

My hands tremble as the anger and hatred from all these years build up inside me.

"Eliana's one of us. She's apart of the pack that killed your little sister." He turns up his chin, glaring at me. I freeze.

Wait.

"What?" Eliana's voice echoes in the room.

Eliana POV

"...killed your little sister." I stare with wide eyes at Noah and Liam, as the sleep, once slowing my movements, vanishes.

"What?" They look over at me.

Moonstribe was the rogue pack that killed Noah's little sister? I-

My old Alpha sneaks behind Noah, a knife in his hands as he tiptoes behind them.

No, not this time. I won't let them take anything else from me. Not Noah.

"Stop!" I scream, as my voice bounces off of the walls and my heart is the only sound I hear.

The world floats for a second. I shake my head, grounding myself again.

Liam and his father stand frozen against the wall as Noah moves towards me.

"No, Eliana, let them go. It'll drain your life force." Noah panics, coming towards me.

...killed your little sister.

I flinch away from him, as he reaches out to touch me.

"No, no." I whisper as I stuff my hand into my bonnet.

I was apart of it. The death of Noah's sister.
____________________________________
26.7k ~ 7/10/20

Hey guys thanks for the support.

Next update in two to three days

XO.