chapter 60

Eliana POV

I squint as sunlight shines into my eyes. My ankle and wrists bound with the metal cuffs scream in pain and my neck's soreness travels down my back.

It's been two days since they hung me up here, right? What happened last night? The Moon Goddess, my powers, her gift?

A splitting headache hits me. I squeeze my eyes shut as images flash through my mind.

Someone's loving embrace, a kind smile, two figures laying in bed next to me.

The Moon Goddess has been that woman in my dreams.

I breathe rapidly, trying to understand everything myself.

Her gift. It was my memories from before I was five. These images... they're my family. The Royals, my pack, my parents. It seems even though I'm able to remember only bits and pieces from 4 years of age, they loved me. 

I was loved. They held and played with me. Read me stories.

My face wets as tears flow out my eyes and down my cheeks.

This was enough. I did belong somewhere, I had a family. They were taken from me but they loved me.

I sob as my headache subsides.

I've been a slave to the killers of my pack for 18 years.

I clench my fists, as the anger already in my heart doubles.

They will pay for their crimes. The witches, Moonstribe, all of them.

Something inside my edges, as if about to jump off a cliff.

I'm livid.

The door opens as John in, stopping by my bed as he watches me, hiding something behind his back. I growl at him unable to hold back.

I've been so alone all these years because of a stupid deal. My parents, Noah's sister and friends. We all got caught in a web of greed.

Why did they attack Noah's pack? If it's harvest they wanted, the Royals should have been enough. Why is this still confusing? I wish I had more time with Her.

"You've slept for an entire day. Eat up. We need you strong for the witches. They'll be here soon." He pulls out a bowl of oatmeal, pushing it to my face, as I stare at him with wide eyes.

An entire day? What?

"What do you mean I've slept for a whole day? I've been here for three days?" I ask, using my chin to push the food out of my face. He sighs, shaking his head at me.

"No matter what we did, you wouldn't wake up. We thought you were dead, then the smell of tears made its way up to us and here I am now, with your breakfast. You haven't really eaten in three days, but I know you can go longer. Fucking freak." He snarls at me, pushing the bowl back on to my face.

The memories must've knocked me out before I could receive them. Today's the day the witches harvest my blood. They're going to kill me.

I can't die before seeing Noah's face again.

My lips open and I let the food fall into mouth. I chew the tasteless mush, swallowing and eating as John holds the bowl up.

I need energy if I'm going to go against these people. The Goddess told me to find a way to defeat them. I have to find a way to defeat the creatures who wiped out my pack, though small, full of Royals.

How do I win this? I need more clues. I have to think.

I'm not going out without a fight.

The door creaks open again Five hooded figures glide into the room as goosebumps wake all over my body at their arrival. John drops the bowl to the floor, kneeling before the short black cloaked group.

It's them. The witches.

My blood boils.

"This is the girl. If you have any trouble, we'll be outside." He says quickly, rushes out the small basement and shutting the door behind him. I face the beings alone, staring at them.

I didn't get to think, I didn't have any time.

"You seem stronger than the others. It's been so long I forgot how feisty you Royals are." A low, raspy voice whispers. I take a deep breath.

It doesn't matter if I have a plan or not. I just know I want these bitches dead. Now.

I need to fight for myself and the ones I love. I won't let myself be alone again. I'm tired of that sick feeling.

I want to see Noah again.

As if a wolf falling off a cliff, the feeling in me from before falls. My heart beats faster and faster as I close my eyes, shaking my head.

Why don't I have any control of my body nowadays?

I gasp, as that something locks into place. My mind clears as I inhale. The air is clean, fresh, like a first breath. My wolf pulses within me as I flex my fingers, a power I've never known flowing through me to my toes.

Embrace your blessing.

I close my eyes, opening them to a brighter world. The figures in front of me take a step back as my eyes land on them.

I'm ready for them. I know what I must do.

I'll return home.

Noah POV

My eyes bore into the pack house I visited not so long ago, Moonstribe. I glance to my left and right, watching as my pack creeps in the shadows, ready to pounce at my command.

At your command, Alpha.

My beta mind links me. I nod.

After a day of heavy training and planning, we're here, a couple hundred feet away from our enemies. Far enough not to be smelt.

We'll fight for our fallen and get Eliana back.

Wait for me, Eliana. I'll bring you home and never let you go again.

Just a little longer.
____________________________________
274k ~ 8/21/20

Thanks for the support!!!!! Daily updates until end of story!

Thoughts??!

XO.