chapter 21

Eliana POV

Something wraps around me, tight and warm. I relax into it.

Real blankets are truly a different experience than the thin rag I grew up with. I snuggle into the warmth, rubbing against something behind me.

Something behind me?

I yelp, trying to scramble up but the bonds hold me down. Snapping my head to look back, I see Noah, smirking at me. I stare at him doe-eyed.

What's he doing here? Is this a dream?

"Good morning." He kisses my forehead and hugs me close again.

My heart races in my chest, nearly beating out the thoughts in my mind.

He just kissed me. My forehead but I mean it's a kiss right? No wait, back up, what's he doing in here? I don't mind, but I mean, OK. This could still be a dream.

I turn around in his arms, coming face to face with the maybe dream Noah. I poke him in the cheek.

Noah chuckles.

"Is that the only place you want to touch? Or is it my turn yet?" I blink. The hold on my body becomes ever more real.

Maybe, this isn't a dream? My heart beat runs even faster.

I climbed into his bed yesterday, he's probably returning the favor.

This feels right.

"Are you for real?" I ask. He stares down at me, as a huge smile spreads on his lips.

"Yeah I am. Get used to seeing me wake up next to you." He snuggles in closer to me.

My body melts into his.

I'm not complaining.

"Why are you in here?" I ask, against his chest.

"I wanted to watch you wake up, but this might be little too much too early in the morning." He clears his throat. I chuckle.

"What do you mean?" My fingers can't help but draw light strokes on his skin. Goosebumps appear under my touch.

"I don't know if I can control myself this close to you. You feel..." He trails off. The tips of his ears burn red and my face slowly heats, as I pull away from him.

My wolf loses it as I ignore her.

"Sorry, I- you were- I'm just going to go to the bathroom now." I say, moving towards the edge of the bed.

A grip on my wrist stops me as my legs hang off the side.

"Don't run away from me." He pulls me back, quickly flipping himself out of under the covers and my body below his. The t-shirt Alyssa gave me to sleep in, strains as Noah pins my arms above my head, his legs on either side of my body.

I gulp. His eyes pierce into mine and my heart skips multiple beats.

What the...?

"I've been holding back since you got here because I know it's been hard for you before, but I'm not going to anymore, ok?" He asks.

Why ask? Just fucking take off my- No. No.

I nod, unable to speak. He smiles, his gaze traveling up and down my body.

"Good. You can't take back what you've just agreed to." He bites his lips, and my eyes flock over to them.

He's serious.

Seriously hot. I just want a little taste- Stop that Eliana.

I nod again.

"I'll come get you for breakfast. Get ready." With that, he hops off me and releases my hands, walking backwards to the door, still beaming at me. My eyes only offer a goodbye as the door creaks shut behind him and I lay stunned.