chapter 22

Eliana POV

I knew I wasn't safe. No matter where I go, he'll find me.

My thighs itch from where his slimy fingers had touched them.

He's coming back for me. He's going to take me.

Eliana could be kidnapped any day now.

Oh Moon Goddess.

I thought I had left it all behind, I thought I could claim my freedom now but it's all for nothing.

I'm always going to be their fucking mutt.

"Eliana stop!" A voice cries out for me and I break into a sprint.

I don't want to go back. I want to stay with Noah and Alyssa, even Bethany.

My heart pounds hard in my chest as I hear footsteps thudding against the wooden floor harder and faster than mine.

I need to get away. I have to hide. 

My surroundings blur between the safe haven I've finally been accepted into and long trees crowded by the dark night with demons on my tail as I ran.

I can't be caught, I can't. Everything going to be ruined. I'll lose myself this time with them. They'll break me.

A hand lands on my shoulder and I scream, jerking back and landing on my bottom staring at the floor around me.

"E-"

"Don't touch me!" I yell, curling into myself.

Something snaps within me.

All is silent. Eerily silent.

My eyes float up and Noah stands in front of me, un-moving like Liam back then.

As I try to turn my head, sound itself has seemed to freeze.

Noah isn't Liam and yet I ran from him. I froze him like I did Liam.

My hands open wide before me, each beaten up tan, with black lines drawn all through them and thick skin on every finger and palm.

What is this? Where does this come from?

How do I stop it? 

My heart, still races in my chest, helps strengthen my knees enough for me to stand and walk towards Noah.

His out reached hand is stuck in the air, wanting to help me up when I ran from him. I ran from Noah.

What if he doesn't unfreeze like Liam did?

A fear I've never known suddenly invades my system.

My hand trembles as it rests against his cheek, like he had done to me earlier.

"Please come back to me." I whisper.

His warmth seeps into my palm and light returns to his eyes. His hand comes down as his eyes widen and I stare up at him.

"Eliana? What just happen-" My arms wrap around his neck, tight as I bring him into my chest.

"I'm so sorry." My words muffle on his shirt.

He doesn't say anything back to me, but the feeling of his arms slowly embracing me is enough.

***

I don't want to ever feel as powerless as I did today.

I either need to understand what this is or get rid of it, but I have no idea how to do any of that.

Noah holds my hand, walking out of the pack house somewhere. Since he came to, he's been pulling me away to some place.

"I'm sorry." I repeat. His grip on my hand tightens for a second.

"Don't be sorry for something like this. This old man should know exactly what to do with you. He used to walk around talking crazy but I guess not that crazy. From what you just said, it makes people stop and listen to you?" Noah goes towards a small hut on the property with a straw roof.

"Yeah." I agree as we stop in front of it. He pulls me more, as we stand closer.

Whoever is in there will be able to help me? They'll knows what this is?

Noah knocks lightly on the wooden door. It creaks open seconds after, as an eye peeks between the opening.

"Noah? What are you doing here?" An old man steps from behind the door, swinging it open and bear hugging Noah. My hand slips from his and I feel the trembling in my body resume.

It's still so violent.

My eyes are drawn to the ground as they bond and catch up.

I don't want to do anything stupid.

"Who is this you brought with you?" I glance up as the wrinkle ridden man turns to me. His bread rolls long and thick down his chin and chest.

I turn up the corners of my lips and nod at him. His arms wrap around me before I can take another breath and he squeezes.

My eyes pop wide as Noah shakes his head.

I guess, he's friendly. He backs up, letting me breathe.

"I'm Eliana." I whiz out.

"Is she...?" He turns to Noah and he nods.

"Oh, how nice. Please come in." He passes us, holding the entrance open for us.

We walk into the small home, ducking our heads as enter the crowed space.

"Just sit there." The old man points us to his bed and we sit. The ends of his bed touch either side of the house, it's worse than my basement, but the little guy seems comfortable in here.

He pulls a small stool up in front of us and sits.

"So why did you visit?" He asks, looking between the both of us.

Noah looks over at me and I nod.

"Robert, you know the powers you used to go on and on about when you were drunk. You swore you were telling the truth, even sober you did." Noah clears his throat, and the guy nods.

"Yes I know." Robert replies.

"Well I think my mate has one of the abilities you were going on about."

Robert tenses, glancing over at me.

"You? What does he mean?" His attention turns towards me. I exhale.

"I have these spells of dizziness and then I tell someone to do something and they freeze. It usually happens when I think I'm in dangerous." I admit, avoiding looking up at Robert.

"You mean you're...?" He jumps up, backing away from us to lean on his kitchen counter close behind him.

"What?" Noah says

"You've been blessed by the Moon Goddess." He says, slowly approaching me with awe in his eyes.

Blessed by the Moon Goddess? This isn't a blessing, it acts as a curse.

From the Goddess or not, I want it gone.
_______________________________________
7.43k ~ 5/26/20

Thanks for the support! Go check out my book Madam Mafia on the app Lure!!! It's an interactive experience that lets you become Rose and make her choices for her.

Next update on the 28th.

XO.