chapter 55

Eliana POV

Witches. He said witches before I passed out.

"Witches?" I grumble out, the pain from his torture aching all over my body. He nods, taking a seat on my mattress. He wipes his bloody hand off onto my old sheets.

"Yes you stupid bitch. You're finally listening." He gets up, approaching me again as I brace myself.

Wait- you Royal freaks? But isn't he...

"Aren't you also a Royal?" He tenses, clenching his jaw. His glare bores into my eyes as I blink at him.

What is going on?

"Ah, fuck this. I'm done." With that, he turns around and leaves the room, slamming the door behind him. Blood leaks from my mouth, onto my shirt and the floor. My vision blurs.

Stay strong.

The dreams I've been having, witches, and this sudden control in power, what does it all have to do with this? And how can I use this information to do what I came here for?

"Fuck!" I spit, blood coating the floor further.

How could I let myself get captured so easily? What was all that training for if I didn't even last 5 minutes before they chained me up and put me on a wall, back in this basement?

I'm a failure. I throw myself out a 2-story window, play hero, and run away from my problems again and I can't even fix them.

I want to know what Liam meant. I need to hear the truth of the secrets and lies I've been bond to all my life. I won't assume anything until I hear it out his mouth. I don't care if I have to rip it out of his throat.

I'm going to win this time. I won't let Noah shed tears in vain.

The memory of his wet cheeks appear in my mind, stabbing into my heart another 1000 times.

I want to be with him. I want the pack to treat me the way they did before. I want to run away all over again.

I want Noah.

But reality is harsh and I'll have to bite my tongue to survive.

The door swings back open as Liam and his father, John, walk into the room.

They go everywhere together, huh?

"I told you, I might kill her if you don't watch me. I can't stand her face." Liam growls at me, glaring.

I blink at him.

"She's going to die soon anyway, just hold on." John says, I furrow my eyebrows.

"Die? Who's going to kill me? Witches?" I ask, watching as they mind link in front of me, probably talking about what to do with me.

They have to tell me.

My vision blurs for a second and they turn towards me again.

"You're going to die with this, so it doesn't matter what we tell you. The whole pack already knows." John states, smirking.

"Just... tell me." I croak out.

"We aren't Royals. Just stupid ass wolves who made a deal with devils. They told us to keep you alive when we killed off the the rest of your pathetic pack, which they ordered us to do too. Oh, and your mate's pack too." Liam says, leaning the door. My eyes widen as my breath stays stuck in my throat.

"By devils... you mean-"

No way, I didn't know that was possible.

"Yes, you slow ass idiot. The witches."

Noah POV

Lifeless.

Birds chirp loudly in the afternoon sky, the sun nearly setting. My eyes stare at the window, as Eliana stands in the golden light, smiling at me.

"You're beautiful." She frowns, her figure disappearing before me.

I turn onto my back, looking up at the ceiling. A low groan rumbles in my chest as I cover my face with my hands.

How more much will she torment me? How much longer will these delusions haunt me?

I can't sleep without dreaming about her. I can't eat without thinking about her. I can't think without thinking about her.

I'm lost without her.

I'm lost without you, Eliana. I have to come get you.

Let me leave Kai.

Not a chance.

I couldn't even get halfway across the front yard, before all my soldiers jumped me and took me back to my room.

They said they didn't want to go, so what's wrong with me just getting a head start?

"We have to get ready to leave! We're attacking them in three days!" I shout. They'll hear.

Yeah, we're training so just stay put.

We're going so relax. You need some time to do that.

We'll get her back Noah. You never break your promises.

Alyssa and other of my members mind link me. I nod to myself.

I broke my promise to you Eliana, but I'll make it up. I'll get you back.

Patience is a slow killer, gnawing at your soul until it just, breaks. 

What if she's hurt? What if she's already used up all her life force trying to kill them? What if we're too late?

Time flows like water and rocks erode under the constant pressure.

I'm going to break and erode waiting like this.

When she first came here, she was so weak but then she developed into this strong person, I knew was hidden under all the trauma of her past. She saved me.

I miss her. I'm worried. I want her in my arms.

She's not here. She's not with me. She left.

A headache hits me, goosebumps traveling up and down my arms.

An intruder? Eliana?

I jump up off the bed, dashing towards the same window Eliana jumped out of, throwing it open. and leap through it. Shifting as I land on my feet. My members surround me. 

"Noah, you can't go after her." I push pass them, sprinting full force into the forest towards the breach.

If it's you, thank you for coming back. If it's you, I'll never let you go again. Please be you.

A figure comes into view and that disgusting smell reaches my nose. My body trembles as I shake with anger.

It's just one of their filthy mutts. I'll rip them to pieces. I leave their corpse on the doorstep. I'll-

I stop in front of her, growling as she throws her hands up.

"Noah, right? I know I might smell like them but I'm here to help. My name is Vanessa."
____________________________________
138k ~ 8/13/20

Thanks so much for 100k. We ran up so quickly it's crazy!!!! We're number one on mates right now!!!!!!

Any thoughts guys??

Next update soon!

XO.