chapter 32

Noah POV

"So what happened? Did it go well?" I ask Robert as he sits across from me, in my office.

"Yes, she did great. She just has to believe in herself more." He crosses his arms and sighs.

"What do you mean?" I sit up in my seat, leaning on the edge of my desk.

I would've ran out there with them if Robert hadn't told me I couldn't. I understand I'm a distraction for Eliana but how is she going to control herself around me if she hasn't got that experience?

And I need her with me.

"She does things without realizing she's done them and then doubts herself. That's what clouds her focus and leads her to panic." He says, staring at a spot behind me. I nod.

"How are you going to help her?" I ask, as his eyes lay on mine and he sucks his teeth.

"The books should have a solution for this, but she needs to trust herself. She has a shaky foundation of confidence. I can't teach her any thing about that. She has to find that on her own." Robert states and I nod again.

Her pack putting her down her whole life definitely have impacted Eliana. She couldn't stand up for herself when she first arrived here and even though she's gone over that hurdle, confidence can't be build up with one event. She's getting there.

"You're right. Keep me updated on your training." I say, as he pushes the chair back and gets up. I stand across from him.

"I will. Eliana is the most amazing wolf I've ever met. A Royal who doesn't even know it. Do you realize how much power our pack can gain if she learns to control her gifts? There are many other things Royals can do like-" I cut him off.

"We're not using my mate for anything like that. You're the one who said every time she uses that Royal shit, she loses her life force." I don''t like how he's talking. Like Eliana is something we can exploit.

I'd be damned.

"That's only when she consciously uses it. There are some things she might've been doing for years without realizing." He turns around and hurries out of my office before I can throw any questions at him.

I sigh and drop back down in my seat, putting a hand on my forehead. My jaw clenches as Eliana's words from yesterday night replay in my head.

I'm really going to have to kill Liam. I know where he lives and the fact he keeps trying to piss me off with the notes and warnings about Eliana wasn't even an issue, but now I know exactly what he wants with Eliana.

I take a deep breath.

Why the fuck does it seem so much more difficult to control myself?

Eliana's mine. She's mine. I love her and she loves me. We were born for each other. Literally.

He knows she's mine but he keeps pushing. Eliana isn't a toy for him to want back. She's my whole world.

I chuckle.

She's making me way too corny, even in my own head.

I shake my head and kick up, walking out of my office. I've barely seen her all day and it's almost dinner.

The sound of her shower hums as I near the entrance of her door. I lean against it.

Going in there could turn out bad. In all the ways I want.

Sleeping in the same bed, holding her, and being close to her is more than enough, even if I want more.

I won't let anyone steal what we have, away.

Eliana POV

The water pours down on me, loud in my ears as I close my eyes and allow it to consume me. My arms hang by my sides as my chin lifts. A bird sings, cutting through my process.

How am I supposed to concentrate when there's so much that calls for attention?

I groan, running my hands over my plastic shower cap.

Liam says he's coming for me. A lot has happened since I found that out, but it always manages to sneak back into my head, daring me to forget.

I knew I would end up putting Noah's pack in danger because I came here. Moonstribe has always been strong enough to hold it's own and that stresses me out that much more.

What do I do?

Noah said not to worry, but the thought of being under that roof again and having Liam around me...

The spot on my thigh is set off again as I take my washcloth and scrub at the skin, over and over again. A red tone appears under my dark skin as I wash off the suds.

It's scary, not knowing how the future will play out. It's even more scary when the place and person that's tormented you the most, is right around the corner, waiting to drag you back down that hole.

I don't want to go back. I want to stay here with Alyssa, Beth, even Robert.

And Noah.

I turn up the heat of the water as the warmth of it seems to wane. Breathing in, the humidity clears my mind

There are just too many things to think about. How do I just throw away all of my worries and control how I'm feeling? That's what seems so hopeless.

I sigh, as the steam in the air thickens and I shake my head.

I'm going to try. I already told myself I could do this. I said I would get stronger. I need to cut all of this crybaby shit out. I'm better than this. I'm free, Liam isn't here to tell me what the fuck I can do, because I can do anything I want to do.

My wolf barks in agreement. I smile.

Noah is here to carry any burden I can't handle by myself. I've already told him about Liam.

A loud knock at my bathroom door disturbs me and I flinch.

Is it Alyssa or Beth? They would just come right in, wouldn't they? Especially Alyssa.

"Hold on!" I shout.

"Hurry and come out so I can show you something, Eliana." Noah's says.

Show me something?
_______________________________________
15.2k ~ 6/15/20

Hey guys thanks for the support

Next upload the 17th!

XO.