chapter 64

Eliana POV

The pack mopes around me as we arrive at the house. Noah included.

What are they thinking?

After I told them to get off of the ground 50 times, them still refusing I said if they didn't get up I wouldn't forgive them. They protested saying they had to apologize and I've only managed to get them this far telling them we would talk about it at home.

Now we're home.

We step from the driveway into the training front yard as the wonderful smells of good food fill my nostrils.  I almost melt.

I've been so stressed out, I haven't eaten the way I want to.

"Eliana!" A voice draws out my name, as the main door slams open and Alyssa stands above us, only the staircase between us. I smile up at her, opening my arms wide as she begins to cry.

"I made it home!" I announce, another gate in my heart unlocking.

I get to say that now. I'm home.

Alyssa runs off the top of the porch, jumping towards me as I brace myself.

This isn't going to end well.

Her body hits mine as my body falls into something hard behind me. I glance over my shoulder as Noah shakes his head, holding the both of us up.

"We just came back from a battle. Don't hop on her so soon." Noah says, as Alyssa pouts at him. I laugh, watching them glare at each other.

"Let's get inside. We all have a lot to talk about." I remind them as the pack walks past us, up the stairs. Beth turns back to Noah, Alyssa, and I.

"We're meeting in the living room right now and I really am sorry. I'm so sorry for everything." She turns and jogs up the stairs before I can say anything. Alyssa and Noah stand silent by me side. I sigh.

We all are going to talk.

"Let's go." I mumble, following Beth's path as we head to the living room. As we steps through the arch entrance a hand holds mine. I look down to see Robert smiling at me.

"I'm glad you're back and- your mark. It's completely blossomed. You did it, whatever happened, you've gained control." He nods, letting my hand go. I nod, kneeling besides him as Alyssa and Noah, go to their seats.

"Thanks to you. I had a clue about everything that was going on, I'm too grateful to express it. Thank you." I say to him, as he nods trying to hide the moisture in his eyes.  He waves me away as I get up and go towards Noah's saved seat for me.

I love that old man.

As I sit, the room hurries to a hush. Thomas clears his throat and blows his head again.

"Please-" I start but he cuts me off.

"Before you tell me to lift my head, listen. Just sit there and listen." He grumbles and I bite my tongue, sighing.

"When my daughter died, my wife and I tried to stay strong for the pack and for each other. We bottled up our emotions and let ourselves think we were fine. It was hard seeing my daughter's dead body. Her little- shit." His voice cracks as he stops for a second. Eve puts a hand on his back, comforting him.

Of course it hurts to lose a child. It hurts to lose anyone. That's why I already understand. They don't have to do this.

"He's trying to say that we let out those bottled up feelings out at you, just because you were here and an option. We all did." She says, as nods around the room echo.