chapter 56

Eliana POV

"Killed my pack? Ordered?" There are too many questions to ask and I'm not sure how long they'll keep answering.

Why are they answering to begin with? They hate giving me what I want.

I'm fine with it, actually.

"We were ordered to kill the Royals and attack your boyfriend's pack. They'll be here soon so you can just ask them why, cause we don't know. We're just their dogs."  Liam frowns. I nearly roll my eyes.

Good. I hope someone is treating these mutts like trash. They seem to love doing it to someone else.

"So who are you?" I tense. Wait-

They aren't related to me. They aren't really my pack so, so that means I have nothing to do with that attack.

My family didn't hurt anyone for my sake. Noah and the pack- they won't blame me anymore. It's all been a misunderstanding. We were all victims that day.

I hold back my tears, trying to focus back on Liam and his father. They stand straight and in line, in front of me.

Are my powers causing this? Can my powers even do this?

"We were a rogue pack until we stole from a pack a lot stronger than us. We had to turn to the witches if we didn't want to be killed off and so we did. Now, they give us small tasks in exchange for their protection." John answers, smiling.

Small tasks?

"You mean killing wolves from Noah's pack and completely destroying mine were small tasks for you?" I growl, my breathing speeding up.

If I get out of this, I'll do what I came here to do and go back home to Noah. I'll explain everything to the pack and we can go back to the way were.

I'll have a home again, no matter how damaged.

"Don't get fucking loud. We just have to make sure you're still alive in two days. Nothing else." Liam barks at me. I stare at him.

I guess my blessing can only do so much.

I don't know what to ask. I don't know how to get out of here.

What else can this blessing do?

Noah POV

The strange girl sits across from me as I fix the papers on my desk. Her stench spreads around the office, though not as bad as Liam or his father's.

"Why are you here? What happened to Eliana?" I ask, my foot bouncing as my fists clench.

Is she here to negotiate? Do they want something?

Is Eliana ok?

"I just need you guys to get her away from my mate. That's all I want." She says, sighing. My eyes narrow.

Get Eliana away from them? I was already planning to.

"Who's your mate?" She takes a deep breath, exhaling and looking to the floor.

"Liam."

"Why did you come all the way here to tell us that?"

None of this makes sense. Eliana had no friends when she was at Moonstribe. This girl can't just be here to tell us to take her back.

"He's fucking obsessed with her. He talks about her all the time. How she's special, how he remembers when he first saw her after his pack killed off hers and-"

"What?"

What the fuck did she just say? His pack killed off hers? That means Eliana isn't of their pack. She isn't from Moonstribe. That means...

"I figured you would have no idea," she sighs, "I came here to tell all of you the truth so you can get her out of my hair."

Kai, get the whole pack in here asap.

Yes sir.

"Go on." My foot stops tapping as I sit up.

This wolf isn't as bad as she smells.

"So I'm guessin-" She starts, as my pack bursts in the office. Most quiet, others growling at her. My father makes his way through the crowd, my mother close behind him. His eyes widen as they land on Vanessa.

"Why have you brought our enemy to your office?" He asks. I shake my head, getting up from my seat. Some of my members, unable to all fit inside the space, stand in the hallway, looking through the window at her.

They should be able to hear too.

"Just listen to her very carefully. Don't say a word. Just be quiet and listen to her. Say what you said before." I nod to her as she gulps, turning to face the pack, more than me.

They have to hear this. I want to see the confusion on their faces. I want to see the regret. It doesn't matter to me where she's from. It shouldn't matter. It shouldn't take this much for them to accept her.

As a pack, we need to grow.

"Moonstribe were sent by witches to attack your pack, which I'm guessing you already know, and kill off Eliana's. Is that what you wanted? Can you fucking come pick her up now?" Vanessa snarls as we all stand stunned.

"The witches? Have they fallen prey to the witches?" Hunter asks. Vanessa nods.

"How do you know all of this? Why are you telling us this?" My mother speaks up. Vanessa sighs loudly.

"I already said that bitch is a pain in my ass. My mate pays more attention to her than he does me. I'm his mate! We were fine the moment she left and the moment they got her back, he ran back to her! He didn't even notice I left." She complains. I furrow my eyebrows.

I'll tear that wolf into shreds if he thinks he can put his hands on Eliana. I'll kill him.

My hands clench into fists, as the anger rises in me.

She's mine.

"How do you know she's not from the Moonstribe?" My mother asks again. Vanessa looks at her.

"They told me the first day I joined the pack as Liam's mate. It was taboo for her to hear it, but the whole pack gossips about it all the time. They told me not to get close with her because she won't be around for long." Vanessa says.

"Why won't she be around for long?" I ask, grabbing the back of the chair she sits in. She looks me up and down before sucking her teeth.

"Promise me you won't hurt Liam and I'll tell you."

What the hell?

"Vanessa!" I shout, my anger bursting.

She's hear for her mate anyway. Of course she doesn't want him hurt. Too bad it's a promise I won't be able to keep.

"I pro-"

"We promise." My father cuts me off. I glance at him, his eyes meeting with mine. He nods.

He isn't including me.

"Ok... good." Vanessa draws out, looking around at all of us.

"Talk." I deadpan. She rolls her eyes and nods.

"They said the only reason she was left alive was because the witches said to wait for her to turn 18. Then they'd come and take her away."

My blood drains from my body as she finishes her sentence.

...come and take her away.
____________________________________
171k ~ 8/15/20

Thank you guys sooooo much for everything. We are going up so much faster than I could've ever predicted! Vote comment all of that I love it do much!!

Thoughts?

Next update soon!

XO.