chapter 11

Eliana POV

Noah sits across from me, behind a desk at I stare at the side of his face.

The heat thing ended somewhere last night and my injures had healed as well. Just in time for this meeting or whatever Noah's calling it.

The purple dress Alyssa gave me was an upgrade from whoever's t-shirt I wore for three days in bed.

Now that I've showered, brushed my teeth, and freshened up a bit, I'm presentable. Alyssa has a ton stuff in her office.

Noah looks out his window, leaning against the back of his chair and I wait for him to speak.

My eyes trail down his jaw and his neck, lingering on them before looking up again.

"I'm going to do something if you keep staring at me like that." He breaks the silence.

My eyes widen but they don't look away.

"I'm glad you finally spoke." I say.

He smiles, turning towards me.

"I'm sorry, I think too much." He states.

"You said we needed to talk?" I ask, pulling my chair closer to his desk. He nods.

"Why did you run away from your pack? You told me not to come get you." He reasons.

Nausea hits me as I recall the touch of Liam's hands against my legs.

I need a shower.

"I wanted to see you again." I half-lie. I did want to see him.

"That can't be enough to have you running around the forest at night! You almost die-" He stops, breathing heavily.

I shake my head.

"I don't want to talk about it." I look to the floor. I don't want to brought back to the past I just escaped from.

He calms down, nodding.

"Just give me a name." His middle finger twitches.

"I-" The nausea increases and my mouth waters.

Noah stands up, hurrying around his desk to kneel beside me.

"You don't have to say his name. You don't have to do anything you don't want to here." He puts a hand on my back, rubbing my troubles quiet.

"Thank you." His face sits inches from mine as I look up. He stares hard at me and I hold my breath.

He blinks, gaining his composure and stands.

"I'll show you your room and give you a tour of the house." He looks at the door.

My room? I get a room.

The fact he's even letting me stay here, knowing my pack might come after me is enough, but now I get a room. An actually room.

I'm scared to wake up.

I nod, grinning as I follow his lead out his office. He turns, walking down the white walled hallway.

My eyes wander, taking it the art on the side as he takes us further down the path.

I bump into his back as he stops.

He sends me a small smile.

"Your room is across from mine. Don't hesitate to come in." I nod.

His face turns blank, as I move to enter my room. I halt.

"Noah?" His head hangs a bit and I reach out to pat his cheek.

As my hand makes contact with his skin, tingles stronger than before shoot from the spot. How addicting.