chapter 10

Eliana POV

The knocking stops, but thumping and growls are heard soon after.

"Are they fighting?" I ask.

"I wouldn't talk much right now if I were you. The more he hears your voice, is the more desperate he will become." Alyssa gets a bottle of something off her counter and holds it, going to the door.

I gasp. I'll shut up.

No, we need mate. My wolf whines.

It must be hard for her. I roll my eyes.

I pinch myself hard twice, putting my empty bowl to the side table.

Sparks of pain come from both and remain after.

I'm awake and not in a basement.

The growls grow louder and the door is banged against once again.

"Him being an Alpha makes it worse for him, although he should be able to hold himself back. A bit." Alyssa says.

"His wolf took over?" I ask. His growl truly resonates Alpha's presence.

"Yup, and now our she-wolves are trying to fight him off."

"I just want to see her. I have to see if she's ok." Alyssa lowers her bottle, shaking her head.

My eyes narrow as she walks back my way. I want to see him too. My wolf barks in agreement.

"I guess he's just eager to see you." She hands me the bottle. I watch as she walks towards the door.

Is she going to let him in? I'm not sure if I can control myself either.

"Let him go, guys! I got it under control here." She shouts, quickly dashing back from the entrance.

The door burst open and wind blows papers everywhere, along with my thick hair, as the earthy scent follows the breeze.

Noah stops before my bed, his curly hair falls into his eyes, skin gleaming with sweat. His hands clench into a fist as his eyes switch from black to grey.

"Do you feel alright?" He grunts out, swallowing.

My body sends waves of the feeling, stronger now that Noah's close.

"Yeah," I say.

His full lips slightly tremble, while his large chest rises and falls quickly.

I need his lips all over me, now.

I look away from him. He can't be in here anymore. I won't be able to stop myself from jumping him.

"Alyssa! I need to go, make me leave." Noah grits out.

Why does he have to go? Mate is being cruel.

Shut up.

Alyssa takes the bottle, my hands grip on to, away and sprays a touch of it right below his nose.

His face muscles relax so do his hands,

"I'll see you tomorrow, then we can talk." He leaves the room just as quickly as he came.

No!

I take a deep breath, as his smell lingers in the room, and Alyssa goes to close the door.

"I'm sorry that just made it worse for you, didn't it? Your body has been focused on healing so that's probably why your heat isn't as strong right now. Get some more rest and you should be out of bed by tomorrow just in time for you and lover boy's talk." She winks at me and I hide my face under the cover.