chapter 3

Eliana POV

The Moon Goddess has a funny way of making my life horrible.

I sit in the spill of detergent mixed with water, using my dress to try and clean it even a little bit, ignoring the feeling of it on me.

The Alpha and his family stand with who I assume is the neighboring Alpha and his beta. My wolf loses it, thrashing and howling inside me. My body trembles from the water all over me and the storm she's fussing up.

Calm down!

I get up, going to grab a mop or paper towels to clean up. Today's even more not my day than usual.

All my senses are overwhelmed by the detergent coating my hair and skin. My eyes water and my nose can't smell a thing. Something other than my wolf nags me to look back at the door. It doesn't feel like my wolf, just something.

But right now looking at the door means looking at the Alpha and I can sense the anger coming off him. They told me to stay out of sight and I make a spectacle of myself in front of the visitor. Perfect, this is just perfect.

I hate pain. Ugh.

I stumble away to the dining room and get the paper towels from on top of it. I jog back, quickly wiping up the mess. I keep my eyes on the liquid, avoiding looking up at the group. My wolf howls within me to turn my head.

Shut up! Can't you tell we're in trouble right now?

She whines.

I couldn't really see them anyway. My eyes sting like crazy and it's hard for me to even open them. My senses are too strong to be soaked in detergent. It's making me dizzy.

"Be more careful, Eliana." The Alpha grits out. He'd usually be cursing at me. I don't know why he's holding back.

In fact, the whole family's been really quiet considering what just happened, why aren't they beating me? Not that I'm complaining.

My limited vision swims as my wiping wanes.

I'm so tired...

Tingles travel up and down my body as I'm scooped up by someone.

My wolf calms down in happiness, finally content about something.

I squint my eyes at the man holding me in his arms, but the detergent and stress blur my gaze.

"You'll be fine, now sleep." A soothing voice says, almost seeming to coat my soul. An earthy scent surrounds me.

Who is this?

Mate...

I pass out of stress and everything else.

×××

I open my eyes and look at the blue ceiling. That's new.

My body sinks into clouds as my usual side pains waking up are absent. This is definitely not my mattress.

I stretch awake, as my joints crack and I yawn.

A pleasant spring breeze floats in the room from the slightly open window. I take a deep breath in and for once, don't feel the need to sneeze from dust. This isn't my basement either.

I pat the space around me and see plush pillows. A guest room?

The door opens interrupting my wonder. Liam comes in, shutting the door behind him. He looks at me and the scowl on his face brings back the memory of the events earlier.

I'm dead.

"You just had to be a fucking clown in front of our visitor right when we came in, didn't you?" He takes big steps towards me and speaks low. I snap my head down to look at the covers on top of me.

"It was a honest mistake, I'm so sorry." He reaches my bedside and leans down to my ear level.

"You're a whore. You couldn't wait to seduce the Alpha, so he can take you away and you can live the rest of your life being a lazy dog, sucking his cock, huh?" He breathes hard against the side of my face.

"No." I shake my head, as my breathing quickens.

He grabs the end of my puff and pulls my head back. I make no sound as his mouth hovers over my lips, inches away. My body trembles as I clench my fists.

Don't say anything. Don't do anything. A chant I've gotten close with over the years, repeats in my head.

"You have no right to leave, if you're going to be anyone's slut, it's mine. You can't let him take you, ok? You have to reject him." He whispers harshly into my ear, letting go. I stare back at the sheets in front of me.

Reject him? But that would mean he's my-

The door slams open and a deep growl seems to vibrate the room. I look up and my wolf howls happily.

Mate. MATE.

She can't be serious.

They said I would never have a mate because the Moon Goddess only blesses those worthy with one. I wouldn't be surprised if they lied but it never came to mind that they might have. Until now.

An earthy scent spreads fast around the room and my anger dissipates. My body trembles again, but with something different. That something from before.

A tall built man with curly black hair and black skin stands in the doorway. Him? It's him?

My mate storms up to Liam and stops.

"What are you doing inside my room?" He snarls, flexing his fingers.

This is his room. When he picked me up from before, he brought me to his room? That makes more sense than my pack doing it.

"She called me in for some water. I was just asking her if she wanted anything else." Liam lies. I glare up at him.

"Is that true?" My mate glances down my way. As our eyes meet, a flutter turns in my stomach.

Everything blurs out and his hazelnut eyes are the only thing in my gaze. We stare at each other, as his previous question is forgotten.

"Eliana. He asked you a question." Liam brings me back to reality and I clear my throat, looking down at my covers again.

I nod.

"So he came in here to ask you what you wanted with your water?"

I nod.

"Tell me it's true." He pushes.

I don't want to lie to him. Not so soon. From what I've heard about a mate bond, it's sacred and special. But if I tell, I'll be punished worse than ever.

I don't say anything.

"That's what I thought. Liam, get out." My mate growls. Liam leaves with the same scowl he came in with.

I lift my head and come face to face with my mate. He brushes his knuckles against my lips and I swallow as tingles shoot from the light touches.

"I need to speak with you."
_______________________________________
208 ~ 4/18/20

Thanks do much for the support. I can't believe we're up by 200 plus already! I'm so thankful.

Next chapter is out by the 20th!

How was this chapter?

Stay safe guys.

XO.