chapter 7

Eliana POV

I sit at the end of my bed, leg bouncing on the balls of my foot.

He stopped, just like that when I told him to stop. How does that happen? He wouldn't just listen to me, especially not like that.

I take a deep breath and exhale.

Do you know what happened?

My wolf shakes her head, just as confused as I am.

He came on to me, I had this overwhelmingly sick feeling, and I shouted then he just backed away.

I have no idea what just happened but it saved me.

I let out a breath as relief spreads through me. He didn't get me, I'm good for now.

He's never been as direct as today, usually looks and small touches do it for him but today he ambushed me. Vanessa wasn't awake, I wasn't prepared, just what was he planning to do?

He tells me to reject my mate, goes against his parents to keep me here and now this?

He'll keep trying now that he's crossed that line, and I don't know what happened earlier but will that always be there to save me?

I try to tap into the feeling that I had before, squeezing my eyes shut, clenching my fists, and holding my breath.

I inhale quickly, as nothing occurs. Do I have to be in danger? Or mad? Was that even me?

There are too many things to be worried about. What if Liam gets stuck like that?

A sense of relief and terror sneak up on me at the same time.

He'd be out my life, which sounds amazing but, they would smell me all over him and I'd be fucked.

I need to leave.

I can't stay here and potentially be killed or violated. That's the line I won't let them cross. This pack has taken so much of my life away from me, I don't even know if my life is worth running away for. Where would go? How would I live?

Is life away from here, any better?

I don't know and I don't know If I'm willing to take a chance on that.

Oh Goddess, please help me.

My wolf barks at me to calm down.

You're right. I need to think.

I'll stay to see if Liam is moving again then I'll go.

If I get caught, they'll probably kill me but I don't care. This kind of life isn't worth living.

It hasn't been worth living for a while.

Noah showing up changed something in me. Maybe it's the natural instinct after meeting your mate, but I want to be with him. This is bigger than him though, I don't want to succumb to this anymore.

He set a spark in a gas-filled chamber and I'm ready to explode.

I look around the room and nod. It's not like there's much to pack, I'll be able to slip away.

I watch the sunlight's position on my floor. It'll be time for breakfast soon.

Getting up, I open the door and begin the daily routine. I climb the stairs, use the bathroom, wash my face and hop in the shower for a quick clean up since I'm up a bit early.

I pat myself down with my towel, which I hide with my underwear, behind the laundry basket. I get dressed and shake out my shrinking kinky hair.

My heart pounds against my ribcage with every step and thought.

I get in the kitchen, tying up my drying puff, and start whipping up some pancakes while defrosting the sausages. This meal should take me long enough to bump into the pack, so I can see if Liam is back to normal from there.

I clench my teeth and tense. The thought of seeing him so soon after that...

It's ok. I need this. I have to see exactly what the thing that saved me does to its victims. If it's me behind that- power then I want to know what it does.

I finish up the last of the pancakes, flipping them one by one into three different stacks. I check on my pan warming up for the sausages, and toss them in there, using spices to mix them in with.

The better it smells is the faster they come down here.

Leaving them to saute in their oils, I jog over to the fridge and pull out some orange juice, milk, and water., setting them on the dining room table.

This is the last meal I'll make for the pack so I'll make it good.

I hear the creak of the stairs and my eyes dart over to the clock. 8:10. They're right on time.

I pour out the sausages into a bowl and set it and the pancakes down on the table. Their white plates and plastic utensils lay neat and as they like it alongside the food. Washing up the dishes, I'm done.

"She's here again." I hear someone whine, as the rumble of footsteps gets louder and closer. I hold my hands together to calm the tremble in them.

"She's so slow." Vanessa draws out.

I stare at her as she turns the corner.

She has no idea what her mate is trying to do behind her back, and even if she does know, Liam being the future Alpha makes it hard for anyone to challenge him.

She might be a bitch but I pity her.

Her eyes meet mine and she looks away, avoiding my gaze.

That's a first.

"Aren't you going to run off and do something? The house needs sweeping. You've been lazy about everything." The Luna says, pulling out a chair as the huge table to sit in.

I nod, watching the pack file in, searching for Liam.

Is he actually still frozen?

Just as the thought passes, Liam turns the corner, catching my eye and glaring at me.

My body shakes harder. The places he touched feel cold and bring the nausea I had earlier back.

So whatever that thing was, it works temporarily. Ok.

He stops, staring at me as he leans against the entrance to the kitchen. With his finger, he motions me to him. He's trying to be discreet and all I want to do is scream.

I try to swallow my disgust as I pick my feet up and down, nearing him. His arm reaches out for me and I move back, dodging it. His eyes flash green.

"Eliana, listen-" He whispers through clenched teeth.

"Honey come eat! I saved you a seat right next to me." Vanessa's voice rings out, breaking through the tense atmosphere between us.

She looks at me and then her mate, as the smile on her face remains big and bright.

Liam sucks his teeth and grabs my wrist, squeezing it tight.

"I don't know what trick you pulled but we'll continue what happened before, later." With that, he releases me and plasters on a mask for his mate and the pack.

I knew he would try again and next time I'm not sure if I'll be able to stop him.

And that's exactly why there will be no next time. There won't be a 'later' either.

After tonight, I'll be gone.
_______________________________________
915 ~ 4/26/20

Thank you for all of your support.
I hope you guys are doing well and safe.

She's running away, crazy right?

Keep up with the updates. Next one on the 28th!

XO.