chapter 23

Eliana POV

"Can you explain that?" Noah asks, irking a brow at Robert as he nears me. I shift in my seat.

"When our kind was created, there were Royals among us. They had abilities given by our Goddess and told to look after the race. They were closest to Her. A civil war broke out between us werewolves and the Royals were exploited until near extinction. They had the power of the Moon, to influence werewolves to do their bidding but when used too long it drained their life sources." He says, looking at me carefully.

So this is in my blood and everyone who could teach me how to control it is dead? What do I fucking do then?

"Your pack must have contained the last bit of Royal blood left. Who are your parents?" He crosses the small distance behind us quickly, grabbing a hold of my hands. Noah pushes him off.

"I have a lot of respect for you Robert, but don't lose it like you used to around my mate." Noah stares at Robert intensely as he nods and backs away from me slowly.

"I'm sorry, I can't help myself sometimes, just answer the question." He says, as his eyebrows move in all different directions. It's strange.

"I didn't know my parents and I can't remember anything before the age of 5." Noah's eyes widen beside me and I nod.

When I was five I had to start life, it seems, over and bond with those around me again, but when I had really started to, they pushed me away.

"So they are dead? Do you know any uncles or aunts? Anyone?" He ask, getting jittery and nearing me again. Noah sends him a look.

"No, no one ever really told me about my parents. My old pack didn't say how they related to them." I say as my voice fades towards the end.

They never told me about anything. They barely let me learn until middle school and I didn't question it. It's good to be away from them.

"When did you first notice it?" I freeze as the words leave Robert's mouth.

I sit tense, all of my body beginning to shake slightly. The itch on my thighs throb.

"Eliana?" Noah's voice reaches me and my hand latches on to his shirt, curling a fist around a bundle of the fabric as I swallow.

I don't want to talk about it.

"Never mind that, move on Robert." Noah's hand covers mine as he leans into me. His being near me calms my heart and I let out a sigh of relief.

"I don't even know where to start. I've spent a good portion of my life studying our history and the biggest mystery was the power of the Royals and now you walk in with one of them, claiming she has what I've been dreaming of for years. Can I cut her open?" He chuckles as my heart drops.

He wants to cut me open?

Noah frowns at him.

"I think we should leave." Noah says, holding on to my hand. I let go of the shirt and welcome the grip of his fingers, encasing mine.

"I was joking, relax. Let me get out some of my old books and I'll get back to you guys. I might be able to help you." He says, as We stand up in the tiny hut and walk out with him at our tails.

"You still keep your things in the library?" Noah asks as we duck our heads under the door frame and exit out to the outside world. The noon sun shines golden.

"Yes I do. Bye, I'll see you guys soon, especially you Eliana." Robert winks at me, then hobbles off, ignoring Noah's glare.

The strength in my limbs wane and I stumble on my feet as my knees threaten to collapse under me. Noah holds me up.

"Are you ok?" He asks, his arms around me, pressing into my waist.

I nod.

"I want a nap. I need one." He nods and we turn, heading back to the home.

I'm a 'Royal' and I have moon powers.

That's all I got from today and it's already too much.

I don't know how I can think of this without being stressed out to the maximum.

"Robert said it drains your life force using this thing." Noah says suddenly, as we enter the pack house.

My heart beat quickens.

There's another thing to add to 'too much'.

"Yeah." I breathe out as we begin to climb up the stairs. Noah's grip on my waist tightens and he huffs out.

"Eliana, you should try to get help from Robert so you know how to control it." He mentions and I nod as a slight headache starts in the back of my head.

"You're probably this tired because you used it against me and then you woke me up." I nod again, trying to ignore the pain as it increases.

Last time with Liam, I left him and hoped he'd find his way out on his own. I didn't use it that long at all and I didn't help him escape it. I can't chance that with Noah like I did him.

"Eliana, I don't want to lose you." We stop at the top of the stairs and Noah looks at me with a sadness in his eyes.

"Noah, I'm fine. Robert is going to find what he can and we'll work this out." I assure him, bringing up my hand to rub Noah's on my side.

He breaths heavily, wrapping both his arms around me and holding me to his chest tight. His strength keeps me up as I hold him as well.

"I can't lose you, Eliana." He whispers against my ear.

I didn't want to worry him this bad. I didn't want to worry him at all. He said before I'm a distraction and this didn't help. I don't want to be some burden to him.

"You won't." I say to him as he pulls away, looking deep into my eyes. Wordlessly, he aids me again, walking with me as we reach my room.

He opens the door and wobbles me in, placing me down on the bed. I sit on the edge, leaning against the headboard.

"Thank you Noah. Don't worry about me, your pack needs you more." I say, smiling softly at him. His nostrils flair and he kneels in front of me.

"But I need you more, Eliana."

His hand slips behind my head, pushing me towards him and suddenly his lips press onto mine.
____________________________________
8.22k ~ 5/28/20

Sorry for the late update! Thanks for reading.

Next update the 30th!

XO.