chapter 44

Noah POV

"So your pack woke up, huh? That's faster than we thought. I guess we'll have to save this fight for another day. We'll be back for Eliana. Remember, she's one of us." Liam nods to me. They dash out of the window, faster than any wolf I've seen, has ever moved.

Royals? Wolves closest to The Goddess? Bullshit.

I clench my fist, as their scent slowly disappears from the air, as if leaving with them.

"They were those wolves- the ones we've been looking for. B-but how?" Kai asks me. I shake my head and turn towards my bed, hurrying to Eliana's side.

"Is Alyssa awake yet?" My hands come up under her knees and chest, as I pick her up gently.

Please be alright. I don't know what I'll do if you're not.

"I think so, yeah. She's in her office. What happened to Eliana? Did they do that to her? Wait, isn't she from that pac-" I storm pass him, out the house and down the stairs to the first floor.

My footsteps pound heavily against the wooden floor as my pack members stare as I jog by.

There's nothing I can stop for right now. It's my fault she used so much of her powers. I should've ran outside with those two fuckers and finished them off quietly. She wouldn't have woke up, she would've been okay.

Maybe I'd be hurt, but I wouldn't be scared like this. I wouldn't so afraid like this.

I burst into the infirmary as Alyssa stands in a daze in front of her bathroom sink. Her head turns to me slowly. Her eyes widen as she focuses.

"What happened?" She says, jogging to my side as ushering me and Eliana to the very bed I laid Eliana on when she first arrived here.

"There was a break-in. Her old pack members tried to kidnap her. She used this power to fend them off but it drains her life source. I think she might of used too much of it. Can you save her? You have to save her." I plead, my hands shaking, as I kneel by the edge of the bed.

Alyssa checks her heartbeat, wrist, body and more. I can only hear my heartbeat in my chest. Alyssa hooks her up to an IV. She sighs and shakes her head.

"Damn it, she's slipped into a coma. Right now, we can only wait for her to recover her strength and wake up, if she ever does." She says, letting her arms fall by her side.

"You mean, she's stuck like that?" My heart drops.

A coma? Asleep? Just like that?

I breathe heavily, struggling to stand up on my feet as the door opens.

"Alpha, we need you. Kai wants to have a meeting."

I stare at Eliana resting face. She peacefully inhales and exhales. The broken expression on her face from before isn't there. She's breathing. She's alive.

It's okay, she just needs to come back.

Please come back to me.

"Alpha." A wolf lays his hand on my shoulder. I growl, flinging his grip from my body.

"Just leave me alone, right now. Please." I grab her hand, placing it against my cheek.

How can I leave your side at a time like this?

***

A shadow crosses my vision.

Sam, is that you?

The shadowy figure passes by my view again. A little thing with a ponytail in her hair. The same as Samantha.

"How could you forgive her? Are you going to forgive my murders too?" The figure shows me its back as I slowly approach it from behind.

"It's not her fault. I love Eliana, I know her, she isn't like those monsters. You'd like her too." I almost catch up with her, jogging to reach her.

"I see, so you choose her over me. After you left me to die." My sister glances over her shoulder, not enough for me to see her face, but enough to see the hatred in her eye.

She's so close now. I stretch out my hand, iches away from her shoulder

"It's not like that. Samantha, I'm so sor-"

I'm cut off as I turn the figure around.

Eliana smiles at me, blood scattered across her face. The blood increases all over her skin and white dress as my eyes trail down. In her arms, the source of the blood still bleeds.

My sister's dead body sits in her hold.

"It's my fault, Noah." Eliana whispers, the smile still large on her face, as tears fall down mine.

No. I don't believe that. I don't believe any of this.

I look down at my hands, which are suddenly soaked in blood as well.

My breathing is heavy as I drop to my knees.

No, it's not her fault because it's mine. It's mine.

I gasp, as my eyes open, sweat surrounding my face and wet on my pillow. My gaze finds Eliana and my heartbeat calms a bit. I grab her hand, as I relax more and more.

Her eyes still shut, I stare at her chest, seeing it rise and fall ever so slowly.

2 days go by so slowly without you here. So damn slowly. Seeing you this ashen, pale, even the life in your hair has seemed to die.

You can't leave me though. I can't do all of this by myself. You said you would be by my side. So come back.

I won't blame you for my sister's death. I won't let anyone blame you, so it's okay to come back. Please come back.

It's not your fault it's mine. I'm willing to take all the blame away so please come back Eliana.

My back sends an ache up to my shoulders as I straighten it. Sleeping here isn't comfortable but it's the only place I think I can get sleep.

My nerves are too high anywhere away from her.

"Do you think she'll wake up soon?" I ask Alyssa as she yawns, leaning on her sink.

"Do you have to wake me up every time she twitches?" She sighs, pushing off the counter, heading near us.

"Yeah, I hope. I've never seen anything like this. A werewolf in a coma. It's literally like she's asleep but in a coma with her wolf. Her brain is still very active."

"Good. I like to know she's not just laying around. Update me if she does anything and I mean anything." I walk pass her, washing my face at the sink and running some mouthwash through my gums.

This is the worst I've felt and looked, but I can do this. I won't let you come back to a world that blames you for anything.

The door creaks open as Kai and Hunter stand in the exit.

"You've put off this meeting way too long. The pack needs to know what happen that night." Kai comments.

" I know, lets just get this over with." I walk pass them, heading to the porch where everyone waits outside.

I'll do whatever I have to, Eliana, so don't feel bad, just come back to me.

I throw open the main exit, as the crowd ahead of me, just below the steps, quiets down. Kai and Hunter shut the door behind me.

Big eyes stare up at me, expecting answers and solutions, and that's exact what I'll give to them.

"A couple nights ago, we had invaders in the house. They had abilities to put you all asleep, which they did..."

The truth.

"...They were from Eliana's old pack. They are also the pack who attacked this pack 13 years ago, here to kidnap Eliana and take her back."
____________________________________
34.2k ~ 7/18/20

Sorry for the late update, love yalll

XO.