-49-

-Omniscient-Late January 2023

-Omniscient-
Late January 2023

Time was winding down for Zavon. He was ready to take his skills to the next level.

He was getting ready to play what was probably the second to last college football game before he headed to the NFL Scouting Combine.

Zay and only a couple of his friends got invited there and all of them decided that they were gonna take the opportunity together.

So it was Kenny, Zay, Xavier, Marcus, Andre and John. The rest didn't get invited and it looked like they didn't really have their minds set out to be in the NFL.

"All y'all tryna go together? Like...buy the same tickets for the same time and book the same hotel?" All five of them looked at John.

"Don't we kinda have too, doe?" Xavier asked.

"Yo, I'm goin pro," Andre said to himself with a grin.

"Nigga, we all goin pro," Marcus looked at him.

"Not all of us gon make it," Zavon commented.

"Yeah, aight," Kenny scoffed.

"You think Jae finna follow you if you get drafted to play for another state?" John asked Zay.

"Of course," he answered confidently, scrunching up his face.

"How you know?" Andre asked.

"I know my girl...and I know she love me so why wouldn't she?" Zay responded with a shrug at the end.

"I asked Brianna if she would follow me...thinkin she would say yes. Ha ass said 'I love you and all but I still have career dreams ima need to follow,'" Marcus mimicked Abrianna.

"That's what I'm talkin bout, y'all niggas can worry about these females and shit while I get the bag. And I feel like y'all are missin the mere fact that the game after dis one gon be our last as college students," Kenny says as he laced up his cleats.

"Nah, we ain't ever miss that fact," Andre shook his head.

—2 Hours Later—

"Nigga, you really brought a comb out here?" Keon asked Zavon while he was in the middle of undoing the braids that Jaelyn did for him.

Since it was time for their team to play defense, he had some time on the sidelines to undo them.

"Yeah, I've had these bitches in for a good week now," Zay replied.

"Coach letchu bring dat out here?"

"Nah, I hid it in my shoulder pad."

"I'm not gon argue witchu cause you did look ugly wit them hoes in," Keon laughed.

Zay put his comb down on the bench next to him and started to pretend to look around for something. He was lookin under the bench, behind Keon, he even moved the water cooler. "Do you see it?"