Chapter 3

THE BLACK SECURITY WOMAN opened the door and escorted Reeves into the director's office. He was strapped in a straitjacket. Reeves was earlier vexing, for being belted-up in restrains, for more than an hour in the security office. Finally, he was physically brought here for the first time inside Tina Martin's office — after his own five days of failed in breaking an entry attempts.

The interior was capacious. He sat there, with his half-opened red eyes, still tearing profusely from the smarting sensation of the pepper mace spray. His hands were bounded inside the jacket — restricting contact to his smarting eyeballs...

He thought of his failed attempt to break into that very office a couple of nights back, where he almost fell off the ledge outside on which he stood. He had been coming back for five consecutive nights — but, each time he returned to his dormitory thwarted, after seeing the facility director always working late in her office — she was a true workaholic, just like she was now...

Tina Martin was present there this time too. She was ignoring him, and was busy doing her report work, while Reeves sat across her desk...

He went on his habitude observation of the IIRC director, and her surrounding — his gaze was searching for the filing cabinets where records of the Intersexuals might be stored — or maybe the info that he was looking for, was in her password protected computer that she was utilizing now — it brought him nervous thoughts, of how was he going to hack into her password?

She did not look up, and was constantly typing on the PC keyboards — then she finally spoke to Reeves, who was still in the restrain bound, with a Black security guard nearby...

"Do you remember Morgan, about three years ago? Well, he was the last boy whom I last saw wearing what you are wearing now."

It then got Reeves thinking hard of who was this Morgan that she had just spoken of. He finally recalled the field trip for Sports Day at Templeton Girls School, when he was nine. An ugly incident happened over there, when some girls teased one of the visiting Intersexual boys from Wesleyan — the Mulatto named Morgan got really mad, and physically attacked them. Since then, the boy was removed from IIRC — and was neither seen nor heard of again.

'Was that one of the way out from Wesleyan?' Reeves thought — if he was not in the jacket, he could do something eccentric, like he did in the classroom earlier — by overturning of the Science teacher Freda Mitchel's table...

Maybe, he would be soon sent away like Morgan for earlier beating up the big-cow sized Joe — but, would he escape from wherever they will send him to next?

His reverie was interrupted, when Tina Martin spoke up again in between her typing...

"So Eve, do you want to be another Morgan?"

He was quiet. Tina Martin finally stopped her work, she cracked her fingers and it popped loudly. She looked at the security guard standing at the door...

"Farah, remove the jacket."

The bulky, Black woman censured. "Are you sure about that, Ms. Martin? The way I saw him beat the fat kid up — it was really scary brutal. This kid here is some whacked-job psycho."

Tina smiled back, and as a trained child psychologist she knew about angry-boys — and the Intersexuals were no different — it was always the same cryptic rebelliousness behavior residing in every one of them. She even based the views from Dr. Ira Kirby's Wesleyan recreation lounges studies on some of the wayward boys, which were not any different from per-Medusa normal boys of that age.

"Remove it — I am sure, Eve has calmed down by now."

She then smiled at Reeves. "You must be a very-thirsty-boy in that thing, yes?" Tina stood up and paced towards her mini-refrigerator — while the security guard unbuckled the jacket's straps.