Chapter 9

FROM A BARRED WINDOW in C-Block, Joe and the injured True Bob spotted Reeves and Troy — running along the blind spots to avoid detection of the watchtower guards — who from above, were busy backing the advancing Latinos up by shooting at the Blacks in A-Block. The White duo then started scaling the interior wall of the Hispanic's D-block, to reach the outer wall of F-Block — where Marlin was imprisoned.

Above the ledge, where they both ascended were the hundreds of locked-up incognizant Hispanics inmates — who were in the heat of cheering from their cell block windows, witnessing Ramirez and their fellow 'vatos' of the Texas Chicanos in gun battle with their BGF arch-rivals — it was indeed a reminiscence reenactment, of their heydays of their street drug wars against the Blacks.

*

Hajja and Zinga turned to the sound of their people clamoring in the building — the rifled Blacks had stopped shooting, and all of them witnessed the cheering of stalwart Negros chanting the Preacher's name...

Doran appeared with Li Chi, Peter the monk and two others — and they were surrounded by the euphoric merriment of the hundreds. "How did you get here, Mon?" Zinga asked Li Chi who then enlightened that they had used the back access to avoid being spotted by any tower snipers.

The Black BGF leader saw delighted the Preacher and the others with him — they dropped their heavy haversacks in front of everyone's curious ubiquitous presence...

"Hajja, we brought you a lot of ammo."

The Black leader unfastened a bag and was holding up a handful of bullets — laughter followed by all the Blacks cheering with their rifles held over their heads, to the vicissitude situation of being massacred earlier.

Now, they had a better fighting chance to seize Tombscradle when they would parlay more weapons after massacring Ramirez and his armed 'pandilleros.'

Li Chi was reunited with his second-in-command, Wu Leong — and the scores of Chinese triad Intersexuals inmates. They spoke in Chinese and were with high spirits...

"Captain, it is good that you have made it back alive." Li Chi's 'rep' proclaimed.

"Wu Leong, victory favors us today — the Preacher will lead us now, and we will forever leave this hell-hole prison today."

*

The guard in the near watchtower was offhand, looking ahead at the Black's yard into her rifle scope, at the rival gangs in the shootout — while the spry Reeves and Troy were behind her, climbing the outer wall to get to F-Block. The duo landed inside the narrow compound and entered the block...

The guard-station was empty below but the two Intersexuals heard cries of clamoring frightened voices begging in Arabic on the top tier...

Then, a gunshot echo rang inside.

"Wait here Troy — I am going up to the 'Broadway' to jig..."

Reeves whispered in an undertone with his searching eyes gazing at the unknown occurrence on the first tier level. He crept nimbly and he pattered the stairs — leaving the unarmed Troy behind...

"Die you camel-cocksucker! Go straight to hell — and go fuck your 72 virgin goats!"

The female Guard Gina was slurring racial profanities while using her rifle — she was executing the locked up Middle Eastern inmates through the barred cell door. The other on-looking prisoners who were next to die, were pleading for mercy from the invidious guard.

She was caught by surprise to cognize Reeves' furtive presence behind her — Gina howled in anger and turned the rifle at him — Reeves killed her with two thudding shots hitting her breasts.