Chapter 7

IN AN OLD clinic, a Mexican surgeon and her nurse were operating on the feeble Doran who was breathing under an oxygen mask. This was his third scabrous surgery since arriving in Mexico and they were using archaic and unsophisticated equipment in the procedure. The meticulous surgeon dropped remnant bits of the broken bullet shrapnel from Roberta Jensen's pistol into a metal bowl.

Ramirez and his androgynous men looking jaded in the waiting area outside, one of them was balancing a soccer ball in his forehead while another equally bored and drowsy Hispanic kept a lookout at a window. Two other Chicanos were hitting on the receptionist at the front counter. Li Chi was using the slow internet connection for his Skype to communicate with the surviving 14K Chinese triad in San Francisco. The look-out 'jigger' said something in Spanish to get their attention...

"Sanchez is back."

It was a great consolation to most of the Intersexuals who have waited outside during the six-hour surgery. Sanchez stepped into the clinic with the grocery bag—he was a relief sight for sore eyes and thirsty throats who greeted him when he brought in the beers and two bottles of tequila. Ramirez finished his beer in a single gulp when he heard Li Chi cautioning Sanchez...

"You sure you not followed? There may be undercover CIA agent around."

"What are you afraid of, Leach, the CIA in Mexico? Hey, this is our turf ground," bragged the Hispanic in Mexiconics, further saying that they will mince the CIA women and export them back to the States as premium pussy-cat food. Ramirez laughed along while he pulled the tab of a second beer can and guzzled it down before he chased it with the passing bottle of tequila...

Everyone spotted the surgeon coming out of the operation room. Ramirez was the first to approach, asking in Spanish...

"Well doctor, how is the condition of my friend?"

"I have done my best for the gringo...he is all now in God's hands," was the woman's prognosis response.

She was rendered speechless when every one of the visiting Chicanos, with an odd Asian in the mix, were rejoicing with an incantation and celebrated around her; she thought they were all drunk...

The Mexican surgeon would not understand the momentous circumstances like how the rest of them do; that God will never fail the inalienable Preacher—and his mystique God Himself will even bring him back from the dead to fight along with the AOG insurgents the next time and to win their cause against the ruling matriarch in sovereignty.