Chapter 12

PEARL JAM'S 'Black' played; the pre-Medusa classic with the male singer crooning of despondent lost love was on the speakers in the bar—Roberta was reflecting on the words. She seated on a barstool and drowning deep into the lyrics. She downed another double and reordered the next drink rudely from the Intersexual junior bartender—who was aware of the temperamental captain presence; also was aware of what she did to his own kind for a living.

She brooded while waiting for the refill. Her thumb rolled her wedding band on her finger. Roberta saw countless dating couples at tables and the booths behind, observing them all from the reflection of the beverage display bar mirror—she now missed her wife badly after sixty hours since her own sister's abduction in LA...

There was some sense of regret in her eyes for the blunders and bad judgments she has inflicted on Lilya—who was only trying to protecting the flowers whom she cared among the Aryan vines of thorns, planted by her old rival Roxanne Gilman. Despite Lilya's crying and pleading in between the pain and anguish protesting that Joana does not have a brother, and knowing there were no records on any possible 'Joe Gilman' in the database; Roberta's harsh abusive actions have physically harmed the future mother of her twins. This has now slapped a restraining order to stay a clear distance from her wife, or else Roberta may be reprimanded from her illustrious career as the once ago hero-cop now turned wife-beater.

She also realized that she had been barking at the wrong tree—Joe was a nobody; Kiki the snitch has told him that recently—but yet she disbelieved.

It was Reeves that she should have focused on instead—Laura's bastard son.

It was also more compelling that he was now a leader of one of the Preacher covert underground cell groups which were planning to assassinate President Cory. He had abducted Laura now, his biological mother—where there was something ensuring telling that he will not harm her when Roberta saw that in his eyes when he drove that Mustang away that night; that was some comforting reassurance for now that Laura will not be dead yet in this search.

Roberta realized she was caught up deep in own emotions of rage and insecurity that she has always overlooked Reeves—it was now entirely her fault because she had blanked Reeves off her mind since the bastard was born eighteen years ago. She has always felt deeply more by the rage of Reeves' rapist janitor father whom she had bludgeoned then into a pulp when she was nine for hurting Laura —but Reeves' birth after that was more of a shame to her.

Since his birth, the 'trash' was disposed out for adoption—from that day, Roberta had erased the existence of the bastard-child and she blanked her own mind. Even now, she kept seeing the Intersexual as someone who was 'faceless' of non-existence—until her encountering him at the hospital's carpark 3 days ago; it exasperated her that the shemale looked a lot like Laura when she was his age. The 'faceless' now has a face...

Two Lauras.

It then reminded herself when she was ten again; Roberta was once into social media networking, it was in Facebook, she recalled—and she did not put up a profile photo into her wall so to remain anonymous. Her friends who added her then nicknamed her as 'faceless'. Now Reeves was playing the 'faceless' game by blurring her judgments and the torturing anguish—that shemale had beaten her and that was distorting her mind into the insanity of personal police work blunders...

She had wanted to kill him with the Cobra derringer while being cuffed at the hospital underground parking lot in LA—but the sneaky smart-bastard was a step ahead and somehow knew about her hidden second pistol which was strapped in her ankle holster—now Laura has taken away by him after her years of protection from Columbus to Washington DC.