Chapter 23

THE RED Mustang GT cruised inside the open car park compound of the Cedar-Sinai Medical Center. Reeves scrutinized over at the two security guards who were patrolling in the compound in that slight drizzling night—and further down, he spotted a few more armed guards at the main door entrance. Joe spoke up, "should we park in or out?" Reeves looked above at the thunder rumbling in the inclement skies.

"Let's park in."

The car passed into an underground car park. The Wesleyan duo then headed to the elevator. Reeves was carrying an old duffel bag. They both got off the elevator, Reeves spotted an electronic clock in the hospital ER lobby, displaying its digital numbers—9:57 p.m.

The two slovenly dressed Intersexuals walked among the busy stream of civilians, staff and security officers in the emergency area. Reeves reminded his accomplice buddy. "Joe, don't be jumpy, just act normal—we gotta now find where the coma wards are."

"Let's ask the reception," Joe responded nonchalantly, turning over and looking at the pretty nurses passing. "Bad idea, it is now after visiting hours and it will arouse suspicion." Reeves pointed at the CCTV camera above...

"We have to avoid that too."

It was just like he how had done many times in the past at the old wing of Wesleyan—to reach the old wall undetected to come to his secret place—so to be alone to do his thinking.

**

They both wandered outside the nurses' locker room, Reeves noticed two laundry trolleys—a group of female nurses dropped their dirty uniform into it after their ward duties—they were now wearing their civilian clothing on their way home. Reeves pushed one of the trolleys into a maintenance storeroom while Joe kept a look-out...

Inside the broom closet, Reeves rummage into the uniforms bin. "Joe, quick now find something your size." The red-haired youth vacillated. "You got to be kidding me, I got to fucking wear those? Why?"

"Just do it, Joe—and be fast!"

Joe picked a nurse's uniform and sniffed it in disgust, making funny faces. "Even their sweat smells like medicine." Reeves was now dressed as a nurse and turned to Joe who fitted into one. "It is tight, Reeves. I can't find my size, is it okay? I feel my man-boobs are showing, dude." The red-headed was being over-conscious, and it nettled Reeves...

"It is fine—just hurry up, man!"

Reeves unzipped the old duffel bag and pulled out Mrs Howdy's wigs and tossed one towards Joe. "You be the brunette." The dark-haired Reeves placed on a blond wig on his crown and tied it back into a ponytail like how Marlin does.

Joe who was observing him, he started tantalizing... "Damn bitch, you look hot, Reeves—come over and swish around a little for me!"

"Fuck you!"

**

A moment later, the broom closet door opened with Joe peeked out. The two Intersexuals posed as female nurses stepped out and blended among the crowd in the lobby; Reeves and Joe wore light cosmetic makeup to make their Intersexual faces presentable.

Unsuspicious to the crowd, the duo then secretly disappeared behind a fire escape door, heading one floor up into and reached the administration department. The floor was deserted and dark after office hours. They explore the corridor and saw a lighted office room, read an engraved sign was on the door—'night auditor.'

An older woman was working alone on a laptop in the office room. Both the Wesleyans were crouching outside and Reeves whispered instructions to Joe, "stay here and you be quiet..." After Reeves left, Joe the 'bug' spotted a snack vending machine and he crept over to it...