Chapter 2

SEATED AT HER DESK WHILE THE OTHERS were standing in the top floor modish office — on the Warden's left was Ramirez, the leader of the Hispanic — and on the right side was Hajja the leader of the BGF...

Both the Intersexuals were cuffed behind their back. Capt. Olsen and three other guards stood behind them.

The two gangbanger leaders — who in their past, had their fair share of notorious street drug war rampages, stretching to various cities in the West Coast before as children-soldiers — but, were brought to their knees by the DEA and were sent to Tombscradle some years ago.

"Look here both of you, I am not running a goddamn religious camp here, and the reason I had allowed the monks to homily preach was that the crime rate has significantly dropped among you Blacks — but lately, all this talk of mutiny and treachery, is what I am hearing now at the prison yard!

"Hey, I will not tolerate that anymore — and none of that shit that the fucking Preacher has promised is going to happen here in my prison — is that totally clear, (especially you) Hajja?

Ramirez the adversary to the Blacks, interpolated on the warden's behalf...

"That is what that Preacher is doing, he is planting poisonous seeds into these slow thinking Niggers — so, it will grow soon into false hopes of freedom within them — and creating their riot soon to take over Tombscradle!"

"You got me 'down bad' you lying, spic! We the Blacks, do not wish to cause any trouble here," Hajja retorted...

Ramirez was not convinced — he had seen the imperil Blacks were now more organized and disciplined with more of Doran's sermons and influences every year.

"Warden, my Latinos brothers here are also Christians but we don't acknowledge those filthy monks — nor follow, their extreme radical Abrahamic teachings."

The Hispanic detractor appended more blames...

"The biggest mistake here in Tombscradle was to bring in the Whites orphans in here — and build a fence for them in the yard — and now years later, the White monks have influenced these jungle-mookies to liberate themselves over here — and soon, there will be riots because that is what these Niggers are good for — taking cheap shots and backstabbing — because they cannot fight face to face like a real-man!

"That ding-headed Preacher should have been left to bleed to death in the solitary when he had cut off his damn nuts!"

Hajja turned to the warden...

"This ain't right! These are all just 'crossed out' accusations, Warden — it is his 'dirty dog' people who are 'hemming-up' to provoke us always — and that is why there are fights going on here!"

Hajja knew that Warden Graves always favoured the Latinos, and she gave them better trial decisions and privileges than the rest in the gen-pop. It was useless to make her see the truth — when her interest was just to find a scapegoat — she had already predetermined whom to blame with her questioning...

"Then, why the hell (as the leader of the Blacks) — do you allow your people to attend the Preacher's sermons?"

Warden Erica Gates sternly made her gainsay. Ramirez repugnant heedlessly...

"It is because he thinks..."

"Shut up, Ramirez! I want to hear him speak for once!"

Graves hollered back after seeing the Latino who was emotionally incensed — and he was making her look like a fool — for not being in control to deem the cross-examination.