Chapter 17

REEVES AND TRUE BOB raced on bikes on a long highway, while the Mustang convertible with the rest of the team followed. They have been travelling for the past nine hours since the choppers extirpated attacks — leaving behind Huntington Lake to reach the Exodus Trail.

Luck was with them, there were no inimical roadblocks — so far — just the welcoming pulchritude sights, along the open road.

The group soon stopped over to eat some canned food for lunch. Troy was now in charge, to cook the quick meals on the journey. He picked the cans of baked beans and green peas and hardboiled eggs with a long tong from a metal bucket of boiling water heated on a portable stove with mini butane cylinders — the insatiable Joe the gourmand was as always displeased, with the 'lame' choice of food served.

After lunch, Reeves trained his sniper target practice, on the empty food cans.

The team was still buoyant in mingling with the woman figure — now present in the shemale group. Troy taught Laura the basics on how to handle a gun — she missed all her aims on the empty cans. Joe paraded, by firing his pistol skills at the same targets and he too missed — Reeves came over, and shot all the remaining empty cans with ease with his own pistol.

Laura clapped before she heard him saying...

"Okay people, let's move!" Everyone arrayed and got onto their vehicles — Reeves turned to see Laura putting on his helmet, and she sat on his bike.

"Mimi, what are you doing?"

"My mother taught me how to ride the bicycle when I was little — and now my son is going to teach me, how to ride a motorcycle." She laughed out.

"That is the inner-child speaking, man!" Bob laughed along, tapping the startled Reeves' back before he got on his own Harley chopper.

They continued their journey towards the Exodus Trail with Laura riding the bike, Reeves was seated at the pillion and instructing her — while True Bob and the Mustang were far ahead of them. The tractable skills learned made Laura cranked the throttle finally, and the bike then sped over, to leave the rest of them behind.

The jubilant Laura laughed and celebrated aloud of her newly taught knack — Reeves joined cheering with his mother.