Chapter 6

VARIOUS CLASSROOMS were in progress, with the first lesson of the day that morning. The pedant history teacher in the classroom was lecturing while her students were listening and taking notes in their electronic tablets.

Reeves had a black-eye, and was literally bored to tears taking the stodgy notes on his device — he was wiping tears away from his smarting eyes, after the yesterday's pepper spray incident, and even his nose was running too — the irritation was infuriating him a lot that morning until the school's P.A. systems came on aloud...

"HERE IS AN ANNOUNCEMENT — ALL STUDENTS, PLEASE STOP WHATEVER YOU ARE DOING NOW — AND KINDLY PROCEED TO THE GYMNASIUM — TEACHERS, PLEASE LEAD YOUR RESPECTIVE STUDENTS TO THE GYMNASIUM AT ONCE — THANK YOU..."

*

Students were coming out of their various classrooms, and they were all walking in confusion, towards the gymnasium — the P.A. was heard again...

"EVERYBODY STOP WHATEVER YOU ARE DOING — AND SOON, WE WILL ALL BE GATHERING AT THE GYMNASIUM — PLEASE PROCEED THERE NOW — YOUR ATTENDANCE IS COMPULSORY — WE WILL SEE YOU ALL IN THE GYM, IN THE NEXT 10 MINUTES."

Reeves was equally puzzled — he sauntered outside and noticed Joe and two other prying Intersexuals protégés — looking out of the window in the hallway. He stopped over out of curiosity.

Joe turned his head with both black-eye contusions, and he found Reeves approaching. Joe spoke to him without any hint of umbrage — he had forgotten about the brawl, they had in class yesterday...

"There are about a dozen cops on the roofs, Reeves."

Reeves nodded...

"Yeah I know, they were here since yesterday, surveying the entire campus — something is going down." His voice was then drowned...

"WE SHOULD ALL BE IN THE GYMNASIUM IN THE NEXT 5 MINUTES, PLEASE HURRY UP — STRICTLY, STOP WHATEVER YOU ARE DOING — AND PROCEED TO THE GYMNASIUM IMMEDIATELY!"

Joe probed. "Dude, any idea what is going on?"

Despite not in favour to respond, Reeves still replied him back ...

"No."

He did not want to share about his time in Tina Martin's office yesterday, where she later had some visitors from Washington — who looked like some suits that were probably from the government.

Psychologist Winnie Sherlock came from behind — and spotted the arrant Reeves and Joe, both were gazing out of the window while others were scuttling to the gym. She thought the cunning Reeves will avoid going over...

"Okay, Reeves — start walking now — they are waiting for you all in the gym." The inquisitive Joe questioned back...

"Who is waiting, Miss Sherlock?"

"I-don't-know, let's go there ourselves, and find it out, okay — move it, guys."

Reeves glanced at the rooftop for one last time before picking up the pace. He had noticed the incipient SWAT team in twos, armed with sniper rifles, nested on each building top.