Chapter 19

THE SCORE OF THE FIRST SCHEDULED batch gathering at the staging area on that azure morning. They were ready to head towards the Auditorium.

They were a disparity mixed group of Blacks, Whites and an Asian — many were astounded to see the idyllic blanket-robed Preacher accompanied by a guard from solitary, amid in their midst. The holy-man's personification presence enthralled many, after the two weeks of seeing him cooped in a metal barred cage.

The Warden had ordered Capt. Olsen the evening before — to place the Preacher in the protected custody of Hajja's Black BGF — when he was scheduled for the auditorium. In any endangering situation out there, whereby, even if the Preacher was killed — the blame would be with the Black gangbangers, and not on the authorities.

It was gusto for Hajja, to finally get to stand beside Doran without any fence separation — and also to safeguard him from any harm, with the help of his Jamaican henchmen — but, except for Li Chi — who was in the background and was not interested in the empty promises made by that cynosure Preacher.

The Chinese youth was instead observing every move made by 'Reeves Jensen,' who was also in their presences, that early morning with True Bob.

Headbull Anderson performed her usual duty — she called out their names from her diurnal list in her loud-hailer. She turned to decree the two accompanying rifled guards...

"OKAY, 'GAS-UP'— OPEN THE GATE!"

A fence boom unbolted and two single-file lines of prisoners started jogging ahead on the concrete "bowling alley' — towards the Auditorium. Reeves ran alongside with True Bob, while Doran paced slower than the rest of the pack, due to his groin surgery — a female guard tagged behind him.

Among the prisoners running ahead, whom Doran knew — were Reeves, Hajja with four Black Jamaicans bodyguards, Li Chi — and the rest were all non-monastic Whites.

Warden Graves peered out of her window at the moving prisoners on that Monday morning — the submissive safe mixed-group that was scheduled to keep the Preacher from getting killed for now — in contrast, to throwing him to the lions among the vicious Hispanics donors — who were also scheduled later, to go to the same semen-collection auditorium.

She saw Doran running funny and she was amused. Something sharp glittered in her hand from the sunlight coming through her window — she used the obelisk letter-opener to rip an envelope open...

She thought of the final warning that she gave him yesterday evening — it would be the Preacher's testicles that she would slash off next if he ever screwed up again later at the auditorium.