Chapter 7

REEVES WALKED BEHIND Sherlock, and he observed more uniformed female policewomen stationed outside the gym's hallway. One female cop was using a small click-counter gadget, to count the total number of people entering the gym main entrance. Reeves went through the gymnasium door.

He discovered all the Wesleyan teachers were gathered at the back, while some policewomen in uniform were on the other end of the hall. There was with a mike stand on the floor where a friendly cop hallooed to the puerile crowd gathering there, before speaking...

"Hi, all of you, are you all here? I am Sargent Harriet, thanks for being here now. Today, we have got a special treat for you all — there will be no further classes today — Yay!"

In an instant, the gym was roaring, with espousing cheers and clapping of over two hundred and seventy-odd students.

Harriet continued declaiming...

"That is right, you handsome-guys — we are going on a field trip today — and we are going to the Police Academy!"

More students started getting excited and the rhapsody became louder. It suffused the gym like they were at a rock concert responding to the band's vocalist...

"Okay, settle down, guys — there is going to be a carnival today at the Police Academy, so today will be a day of all fun and games — do you all like that!!?"

The ecstatic twelve-year-old boys jumped exuberantly, and danced in the seventh heaven, while the policewoman in front instructed next...

"Okay, okay boys — shush, listen up — there are 278 of you guys, and we will be leaving in 9 buses that are waiting outside now. We are going to separate you all into groups now — and each of you will be given a number that starts with an alphabet — everyone should memorize your number, okay clear?"

The alacrity boys okayed her, in unanimity echo.

"So, when I call your name and number — you come up to me, and sit in your designated group, okay? Listen, there will be 4 groups — Group A — B — C — and —?"

Most of the boys cried out, "D!"

"Wrong — it is H."

Harriet laughed after fooling them. "So, it is Groups A, B, C and H!" The boys instantly liked the comical presence of this prepossessing policewoman...

"Now all of you move to the right side of the room now." Another policewoman stepped up, and blew a pea-whistle, while hand signalling to all of the Intersexuals, to shift themselves to the right side of the gym.

"Move on quickly, we don't have all day, we have to organize fast. The longer we waste time over here — the lesser time we have to spend at the carnival — come, move faster!"

The entire Intersexuals were rabbling over to the right side of the room, all chatty and noisy with excitement, drowning Harriet's further instructions...

"Shush, quiet down, I will read the names and numbers, and you come forward to me — and, this officer will seat you in your group. Okay, here I go — Abdullah A-01, Ali A-02, Chandra A-03, Chong A-04..."

Most of the Intersexual orphans did not have last-names — even if existed, the confidential records were not revealed by IIRC.

Minutes later, Reeves understood what he saw — the students were segregated — and they sat on the floor behind four signboards placed on chairs that are in bold — A, B, C and H.

The order of the segregation soon made him suspicious...

*

Twelve minutes later, Officer Harriet was still reading out the boys' names. "Jason C-52, Janice C-53, Joe C-54..." Joe walked over, and the cop with pea-whistle sat him in Group C.