PREVIOUSLY ON BOOK 1 [Part 7 of 7]

Doran could by no means comprehend the rationality behind the female cause in the present post-Medusa era — he had heard the same reasoning from other women like the warden, her guards and even the one named Agent Wolfe — who made their maxim that the new Intersexual breeds should remain lesser as their subservient — but, never as their equal.

He reckoned that the uprising that had been sparked now would need to be pursued beyond the walls of Tombscradle — into the domain of the larger populace of Intersexuals in the cities — to those over there, who needed to be unshackled next and be emancipated...

The Preacher caught a glimpse of Wu Leong, who was now wearing a belt strap with a few hand grenades attached — he took one and yanked out the pin — the horrified Hajja who was standing beside him backed away and exclaimed...

"Preacher, what are you doing? This is insane!"

Everyone backed away, even some ran away, leaving Doran alone near the tied-up Elite Commander — the Preacher was still gripping on to a live grenade — he clutched the Commander's cheeks with his palm and packed the whole grenade into her mouth — like the Holy Communion Eucharist bread — that he had served in the many prison yard Sunday Masses before...

Petersburg made a gagging choking sound biting on the bomb. The Preacher stared into the e-SWAT Commander's budging eyeballs — and, he vowed his final libretto...

"Woman, take this message to Hell — that The God's Army will prevail on this earth!

"Eat my word and you will live — spit it out, and you will perish — do this, in memory of me!"

<>

MORE THAN TWO DOZEN passenger cars, three e-SWAT buses, two prison buses and a bulletproofed Hummer were packed with the rapprochement of Intersexuals. They drove out from both the prison gates into the desert road — many over-cramped on the roof of all the vehicles, similar to the public transportation in third world countries...

Reeves ran up and hopped on the ladder at the back of one of the moving police bus, where Joe was on top with other Wesleyan Whites — they shared a joke and laughed.

The Elite Commander Petersburg was left behind tied to the goalpost, choking with an explosive in her mouth — grunted deep-throat, seeing the convoy of vehicles trailing away from Tombscradle with the liberated insurgents aboard...

Li Chi drove the Hummer with Ramirez sitting in the front seat with him. The short-circuited vehicle was booted back running for the AOG leaders by the handy Peckerwood Russell Collins after it was electrocuted in the yard earlier. At the back-seat were Doran and Hajja.

They all heard an explosion behind them shortly — Ramirez guffawed hard...

"The bitch doesn't love us — so, she spat it out!"

*

Blood dripped from her fingernails and onto the office floor in the blazing IMU. The office phone on her desk was ringing continuously before it stopped — and then the Warden's cell phone ring tone came on. Finally, that too discontinued and the walkie-talkie on the side table then crackled — with the nervous Governor Harris' voice — coming on clearly with some high-level sub-rosa instruction...

"WARDEN GRAVES, ARE YOU THERE? DID YOU GET MY MESSAGE TO EVACUATE ALL OF THE FEMALE PERSONNEL? THIS IS A DIRECT ORDER FROM WASHINGTON — YOU ALL HAVE ONLY A FEW MINUTES LEFT TO LEAVE THE TOMBSCRADLE'S PREMISE...

"PLEASE EVACUATE IMMEDIATELY!"

The headless corpse sat in there with no urgency — behind the warden's desk.

*

The whimsy Sergeant Brown came out from her opprobrium hiding when the rebels left — and she slowly approached the goalpost where the smouldering deceased Commander hung dead on the crossbar...

Her limbs below her torso had gone missing...

Desiree Brown was the only e-SWAT survivor in the big-yard — gazing at the enemy afar, transporting themselves away...

Her helmet dropped on the sand after peering above, looking at a bright missile which was falling fast from the skies.

*

The convoy had travelled half a mile on the desert road, away from the prison — those from Wesleyan on the bus-tops were singing the similar sanguine rhymes when they were first brought outside the university, with the pretext of visiting the police carnival five years ago.

They discontinued singing — and everyone turned their heads to witness the virulent explosion in the background.

The sunset firmament was lucidly bright as daylight for a split moment — behold, witnessing the long-ranged ballistic missile that had flattened Tombscradle afar, into its seismic, nullity rubble — it was followed by smoke and dust rings rising high up into the air.

They all watched and were baffled for an instant at the mushroom cloud rising, before Kiki-boy's levity voice was heard singing 'Coming Round the Mountain' again — and the others Wesleyans joined into the symmetry tune...

Everyone sang the mirth chorus, joyously aloud...

'Yippie ya-ya, yippie-yippie ya..."