Chapter 11

THE SHOOTING IN THE YARD PROVISIONALLY ceased with prison ground-guards and the fifty Hispanic hired guns, who were all massacred in the insurgency. But there were a handful of paltry White-Aryan guards hiding inside the administration building — peeking out cowardly at the throng of Negro inmates who were stepping out in numbers to rally in the yard...

The Jamaicans punted and jerked around their spindly prisoner into the compound in front of A-Block — he was led to the center of a large circle of an angry Black mob — Hajja's boot scourged Ramirez's ankle...

He fell on his face near towards Doran's feet...

Hundreds of Black Intersexuals were cheering in the outer circle, they surrounded closer to the sniveling Ramirez who was on his knees, peeking at them like a terrified convict who was told to pick up a bar of soap in a common shower area — what was worst, when he heard their loud terrifying mobocratic chants...

"Kill him! Kill him!"

Hajja and Zinga who were exerting a machete stepped into the inner circle...

Vanquished Latinos' eyes from across the lockdown Block D & E were peering out — the five hundreds of Hispanics inmates who were locked-up in their 'cantons' were looking saturnine in silent defeat, witnessing their failed leader Ramirez brought to trial in the compound yard of the enemy...

They also foresaw his death sentence carried by the leader of the BGF Hajja who would behead him soon with the machete that his henchman Zinga was brandishing.

Hajja looked up in adherence at Doran — he appealed for a perspicacious decision...

"Preacher, please decide what we do with the leader of our sworn enemy."

Doran felt like he was in the center of a biblical trial setting, where the Hispanic leader's life was dictated by the angry mob...

"He is your prisoner, Hajja. He has done a lot of inhumane deeds to many in here while in his lust for control — and for many years, he had also acted unjustly by doing many unspeakable crimes in Tombscradle."

Doran decreed his judgment — and the Black crowd again went into wild objurgated echoes to his approval...

"Kill him! Kill him!"

The apotheosis monk-priest was solicitous about the sentencing...

A wrong passing of judgment would affect his reputed leadership among the Black gangdom who abided by street justice — and not by the chaste spiritual path of forgiveness that he was taught at the abbey...

Zinga offered the machete to Hajja — who then stepped forward, wielding the blade to deliver the ineluctable death sentence of decapitating him — the terrified Ramirez crawled apace on his fours towards Doran's feet, pleading out aloud...

"Preacher! Preacher, please spare my life. Don't let them kill me!

"I have more than 500 good men in their cells — and we will be your allies — and we will loyally serve under you — I will join your revolution against those oppressing women that you have always preached against about. We all will serve you well, Sir — please, my-Master-my Preacher, please spare my miserable life — please..."

Hajja scorned aloud from behind, and all the Negros laughed...

"You brown, dog-shit — the only master you will serve is that bitch warden of yours — let's kill him now and get over with it!"

Everyone roared in agreement...

"Kill him! Kill him!"

Reeves and Troy watched the angry mob while still standing at the lofty rooftop of Block F. Marlin too witnessed the kangaroo-trial from the captured watchtower — hearing the Black crowd below demanding for blood while the penitent Ramirez supplicated in tears...

"No please, I beg you Preacher — spare my life! I will be your faithful servant!"

"A servant can only have one Master."

Doran said, leaving him back on the dirt, and he walked towards Hajja. The Preacher obtained the machete from the Black leader's hand, and tossed the blade near genuflected Ramirez...

The sharp-edge blade lodged vertically on the sand...

Hajja barked at him next...

"Pick it up and proof yourself to us — like the Preacher said, 'Every dog can only have one Master' — let us see whose cooch will you be smooching to now?"

Ramirez looked mislaid at the blade before he stood up, and plucked the upright positioned machete — in an instant, score of rifles from the outer circle clicked off the safety — every rifle barrel was aimed at him...

Ramirez trembled — he was both petrified and was in the state of dire...

"Go and bring us the head of that bitch Warden Graves!"

The Black Intersexual leader's voice boomed — Hajja then vindicated by pointing at Block D & E...

"If you try betraying us, we will slaughter all your brown-dogs in those cells over there, and next, we will hunt you down Ramirez — to give you a really slow fucking and painful death — go now, you filthy spic and return fast!"

"Thank you, yes, I will not disappoint you all — I promise you a head for a head — I will prove to you all that Julio Ramirez will keep his solemn word by bringing down the warden!"

Everyone witnessed Ramirez running towards the administration IMU building with a machete in hand — even the distressed Latinos in Block D & E salvo their approval, seeing him pacing below from their windows — because their fate to live or die — was now at the mercy of their leader's second-chance attainment.

Hajja still distrusted the unscrupulous Hispanic rogue who was heading alone to his designated undertaking — turned to his semper fedelis, Zinga — and he instructed him...

"Take your Jamaicans and you follow him. Make sure the fucking beaner comes back here alive. If he comes back empty handed — the first thing you will do is, chop both of his hands off!"

The venal Jamaicans have a history of carrying out sadistic killing for Hajja in the past — both inside the prison, and back outside in the streets many years ago.

Reeves and Troy noticed Ramirez approaching the admin building with four Jamaicans trailing from behind.

Marlin at the higher watchtower turned his back...

He caught the sight of the dust trail of vehicles coming from the horizon.