Chapter 19

THE SHELLING HAD STOPPED, a couple of hours ago...

Thousands of Mexican soldiers both women and Intersexuals stood defeated, at their side of the border — after the two days of arbitrary fighting with the enemy from the north...

The eyes of the world were on them — where occident TV networks reportage were in full preparation for the commemorative broadcast the live coverage to the world — of the US victory, with the handing over of the captured Army of God's leader named Doran the Preacher — surrendered into the American soil from Mexico...

The Americans troops were gathering on their side of the border and were having a blithe, victory military parade for the TV crew. Two combat helicopters in the air flew bearing the huge American flags flew across — and some TV crew choppers were doing aerial coverage of Cory's acceded triumph against terrorism — with the capture of the enigmatic AOG leader.

An American Army jeep approached fast towards the Mexican border — US army General Gloria Fields and CIA Senior Agent Tabitha Kinsley were seated at the backseat. They were crossing the border to seal the historical event...

***

At the Oval Office, Madeline Cory, Agent Wolfe and Lucinda Gates were viewing the momentous event on a big screen with split-windows, of live simultaneous coverage — from the several news network stations.

***

The defeated Mexican soldiers turned their back to see a military pickup truck advancing from behind them. Behind the vehicle was an egg-like shaped plexiglass bubble with a metal roof — in it sat the Preacher.

Doran was transported and delivered — like the turn of the century religious figure, in a bulletproof plexiglass pod.

He glanced at the subjugated Mexican soldiers gathered outside, along the roadside. Some of them were crossing themselves seeing the piteous, spiritual leader — passing over towards the border in the bulletproof containment. Some Mexican soldiers whispered among themselves in Spanish...

"He is like 'The Pope' in there."

The US army jeep entered the Mexican territory and it halted in front.

An armed Marine soldier, General Fields and Agent Kinsley then alighted. The Mexican pickup truck too stopped in front of the jeep — and General Miranda alighted with a Mexican diplomatic translator. They both stepped forward to the Americans — and both the brass saluted to each other.

The female translator acknowledged them...

"Greetings! Our Honorary President Garcia has delivered the Preacher as promised. Please sign here." The Mexican pointed the dotted line on an official government release form...

General Fields ignored and brushing the translator aside. She walked to the plexiglass — and glanced curiously at Doran inside it. The General placed on a face recognition goggle and peered again at Doran, who stared intensively back at her — the built-in software configured his face structure...

It gave a positive confirmation — that the definite scar-faced prisoner was the Preacher.

General Fields suppressed a button on an intercom communication earpiece and spoke into it...

"Madame President, it's him — we have confirmation that it is the Preacher!"

Cory delightfully responded from the Whitehouse in Washington...

"Great! We finally have the fucker — now go sign the toilet roll release-form — and get him across."

Cory started celebrating with her early morning glass of gin.