The Resurrection [Part 3 Of 5]

ALARMING BEEPS disrupted the placid tranquillity at the serene lake with the three floatplanes. The echoing din scared the birds sitting on the planes' wings; one of the planes was the nude artwork image of The Lady of the Lake.

A pale-looking Laura Jensen was in the main lake-house, on the king-sized bed, in her deep sleep—she was not affected by the distressing sound happening outside the bedroom of the Howdys. The four Intersexuals were seated around at the dining table with the two Howdy skeletons—all of them stared at the source of the beeps coming from the laptop, with its rococo of peeling stickers of Pakalolo images that once belonged to the now-dead Jamaicans...

Everyone except for Joe had a bruised face on the table, but True Bob's and Troy's swollen countenances were in pain, in bandage wraps, sustained from the Jamaican beatings and by secondary burns—while Reeve's black eye was inflicted by his 'butch-uncle' at the hospital underground car park last night encounter in LA.

Joe chuckled, looking at the screen with the constant blinking Skype icon...

"A moment ago it was Hajja, now it is Li Chi the fucking Leach calling again—I guess they will soon be trying for us because they can't get through to those Rasta-fuckarians!"

The Wesleyan uttered out with no respect for the dead. He was acting skittish and safe with that aspect of last night's threats had gone—but only Reeves knew that the danger was far from over...

Reeves was deciding, looked defiantly at Troy beside him, who was in charge of communication...

"We don't answer it—let them presume that we are all are dead."

True Bob sighed and addressed the consequences when the beeping suddenly stopped...

"Yeah, for how long, Reeves? Sooner or later, Hajja or the fucking Leach is gonna figure out what is going on; and they will send spies over only, to find us with a woman in a coma in that room...

"I was against this idea all along of you going for your mother in LA but you went out walking the walk, yakking the yak, and you did it anyway—now how are you going to take care of her?

"Tell me, do you know how to feed a patient who is in a coma? What, are you going to starve her to death? Maybe she is also dependent on some medication, have you ever thought of all those things before you took off to LA last night?"

Reeves was now pressured by the incoming blames. He ran his fingers into his dark hair...

"Okay fellers, I made a bad choice when I took that decision and I am fully responsible for it. I had used my heart to think not my head; Laura Jensen is my responsibility and I will deal with it, Bob."

True Bob was not finished yet, and he went on ranting...

"What shit are you trying to slide away with this time, Reeves—so you decided to starve her to death? You even got her killer-cop sister pissed mad and she is gonna retaliate big-time like last night; now we got to run away from her and top of our very our own army with Li Chi putting a hit on us—and that fucking Snake-woman Cory too wants us dead! Fuck us all here, everybody wants us dead!"

The half-Cherokee chuckled nervously after his rant.

Joe, the presumed weakest link in the team was surprisingly the only one being amiable, giving his view on Reeve's behalf...

"Hey Chief, have we forgotten that we all were supposed to be dead last night in the hand of those niggers—you said it so yourself that we don't stand a fighting chance against their expert guerilla warfare skills—but Reeves here diverted those fucking Jamaicans to L.A. and Roberta Jensen did the clean-up job for us, man.