Chapter 5

THE CAMARADERIE got drunk while celebrating their first heist success. In the abandoned tenement were Reeves, Joe, Troy Norton, True Bob and Marlin Petrov—all the five ex-convicts raised their cans of beers. After several rounds of more drinking and inebriated touts of Reeves' leadership—he then dropped another bombshell that left some of them remonstrating...

"Sorry guys, I don't intend to be a God's Army's bitch for long and keep going on pillaging for their war efforts because I am a free-male now—and I have got my freedom to go out there and do things that matter more to me..."

The guys also noticed that Marlin has soon isolated himself away from the rest to finish his beer alone at the balcony of the tenement—they did not particularly like Reeves' new found friend very much—who was perceived as a furtive character, with a wedge driving into their prison bonding friendship with Reeves. They suspected that the stranger from F-block was putting bold thoughts into Reeves' head ever since the fall of Tombscradle more than a month ago...

But the domino effect has long started tumbling since then when Reeves became the controversial figure that was widely spoken about since a week after they came to the Mojave Desert—the Preacher had offered Reeves a position in the Council of 13 as the leader of the Caucasians faction in the One God's Army.

It was winning news for all in the Wesleyans white gang to have one of their own in such high positions—after all, the rebel ex-Wesleyan did heroically shoot down a terrorizing Blackhawk that would have gone further to kill hundreds of others during the Tombscradle insurgency.

But Reeves Jensen turned it down...

The leadership rank was handed to next best candidate—the redneck hero, Russell Collins—the untiring Intersexual who orchestrated the ambush that killed thirty marching e-SWAT soldiers by dousing and burning them alive with gasoline in the analogous uprising.

The decision has caused some dislike frictions and a split among the whites rebels in the One God's Army camp.

Joe noticed that Reeves has also stepped away with a beer to join Marlin—everyone's eyes spied that the duo was closely scheming a cagy plan.

Even Li Chi from the triad had then suspected something was amassing in the Mojave Desert when Reeves Jensen had flatly refused the headship position to be among the Council—and he too suspected that Jensen was planning his escape from the rumours heard of his once attempt of jumping the school wall before he was captured.

The Chinese who was the warfare council advisor member have then implemented the law among the assembled legion of rebels that any deserters from the One God's Army's cause will be put to death without a trial...

Despite knowing about the death threats hanging over their heads, Reeves and Marlin were determined to escape to Washington DC. But their stratagem plans to find both their mothers have currently taken a setback when Marlin now discovered that Dr Jane Morris was no longer the head of Pan American Health Organization under Cory's administration. Her whereabouts were unknown in all the internet searches that Marlin made...

He still needed to find her first because she was the only one who knew the whereabouts of Dr. Yankoff's team who were in search of the vaccine cure to the contagion Medusa.

Both the Intersexuals heard cheering from the tryst behind—Hajja and the Jamaicans stepped in to join in the heist celebration. Li Chi was also with them in the visit...

His stalking eyes darted around the room until it met Reeves Jensen's.