two.

The next day after Bakugo had gained his quirk, the three had gone to school. The teachers and other students were fawning over him while he had this big, proud smile on his face. (Y/n) and Midoriya were trying to get to him to talk to him, but he just blew them off.

At recess that day, the two were trying to play with Bakugo but everyone was just crowding him, trying to see his new quirk.

"Katsuki," (Y/n) started after finally getting through the crowd. "Do you wanna play with Izuku and I?"

He just looked at her for a moment, then told her, "Not now (Y/n), these people want to see the future number one hero!"

(Y/n) then just stared for a moment, walking away sadly and past Midoriya, who was trying to get Bakugo's attention, and sat on the swing.

Why doesn't he want to play with me? She thought as she slowly swung back and forth. Maybe it's his quirk, everyone likes him so much better because of it. If I ever get a quirk...

I don't want to be like him.

ten years later...

It was just another day at Aldera Junior High, the teacher was talking about futures. That was when Bakugo had jumped up on his desk after the class had caused a ruckus with their quirks. All except Midoriya and (Y/n). Midoriya didn't have a quirk, ever since he found out when he was four, which was when Bakugo had gotten his quirk and (Y/n) had started to become distant, he discovered he would never get one.

(Y/n) on the other hand, did have a quirk. But hers was different from Bakugo's and the rest of the class's quirks--she didn't show it off to them. She was scared she'd be like Bakugo if she showed off her quirk that she just didn't show it and practiced in secret, deciding that she wanted to go to U.A. But nobody else knew that.

"Oh yeah, Midoriya and (L/n)," the teacher started. "You want to go there too, right?"

Midoriya just sank into his desk as Bakugo froze, slowly turning to Midoriya in anger. (Y/n) just nodded silently. The class laughed at Midoriya at the ridiculous idea of a quirkless kid going to an elite hero school.

"You won't get in Deku," Bakugo spat. "You don't have a quirk. Just like (Y/n) over there."

He pointed to (Y/n), who got red and mumbled quietly that she did have a quirk.

"Wait what?" Bakugo froze, looking over at (Y/n). "Since when did you have a quirk, (Y/n)?!"

The teacher then told them to quiet down, continuing with the rest of the class day. After class, (Y/n) stayed behind as she saw Bakugo and his gang roughing up Midoriya, as Bakugo had Midoriya's 13th notebook in his hands.

"Katsuki, leave him alone--" (Y/n) started as he blew up the notebook, promptly throwing it out the window.

He just ignored her as she looked out the window, watching the notebook fall into the courtyard fountain.

"Here's a word of advice nerd," Bakugo started while putting his hand on Midoriya's shoulder. "Don't even think about applying. Or else."

"Leave," (Y/n) gritted through her teeth.

"That goes for you too, (Y/n)," Bakugo started while turning to her. "Don't app--"

(Y/n) then looked up at him, her eyes beginning to turn a bright, glowing shade of blue. "Get. Out."

Bakugo stopped, seeing her eyes and turned to his gang. "Let's go."

"You know if you want to be a hero there might actually be another way," Bakugo started again, turning to Midoriya. "Just pray that you'll be born with a quirk in your next life, and take a swan dive off the roof of the building."

Midoriya then turned towards Bakugo, looking angry. But once he saw the small explosions, he stopped him his tracks.

(Y/n) then held up her hand, it starting to turn a shade of blue, like her eyes. "I said: get out, Katsuki."

They then promptly left. Finally leaving Midoriya and (Y/n) alone. "Are you okay?" she asked, turning to Midoriya.

"Kinda," he started, shrugging and looking at her now-normal hand. "I didn't know you had a quirk."

"Yeah, I don't really show if off." (Y/n) shrugged. "I've always been scared that I'll turn out like Katsuki."

"When did you get it?" he asked, as they started walking to the courtyard to retrieve the notebook.

"Not long after Katsuki got his quirk."

"Well it's cool that your quirk it..." he started, not realizing what it actually was. "Wait, what is it?"

"I call it Energy," (Y/n) started, looking at the hand she used. "Basically, I can manipulate energy from either my body or outdoor light. It's stronger in the daytime because of the sun and once it's night, I'll usually use either the moonlight, if there is any, my own body's energy, or a combination of both."

"Wow, that's so cool!" Midoriya beamed, seeming to forget what had just happened. That was when they got to the fountain, seeing the fish nibbling on the notebook. "Well there goes my dreams, into fish food."

"I'm sorry," (Y/n) said, rubbing the back of her neck. "I don't know why he's like that."

"It's okay," Midoriya responded. "I'll see you around, (Y/n)."

"Yeah, see you," she said, turning the opposite direction from Midoriya.

(Y/n) began walking towards the entrance gate, towards the convenience store so she could pick up a couple items for her family. She had passed one of the corners when suddenly someone had grabbed her arm, pulling her into the nearby corner.

She yelped, a hand soon covering her mouth. Her eyes focused quickly as she soon saw that the person who grabbed her was just Bakugo.

"Why didn't you tell me you had a quirk?" he asked in a hushed manner, taking his hand from her mouth as (Y/n)'s back was to the wall.

"Because you don't seem to care about anyone other than yourself," (Y/n) reasoned in a snappish tone.

He opened his mouth to respond, closing it quickly. She continued to tell him, "The day after you got your quirk you seemed like you're better than everyone else. I don't want to be that way."

"Well glowing doesn't really get you anywhere." He shrugged, backing away a little bit. "So, you're an energy manipulator?"

"How did you--"

"I overheard you with Deku," he told her, putting his hands in his pockets. "Why didn't you ever tell me, or even him?"

(Y/n) just stood there, silent. Bakugo then realized how much he missed having her around, "(Y/n) I'm-"

"Katsuki, come on man!" Soon his two goons came running up to the two of them, seeing (Y/n) there. "Why is she here?"

"I just wanted to ask her something," Bakugo snapped at them, walking away with them soon after, leaving (Y/n) alone.

That was the last moment (Y/n) had before using her quirk in front of others.

OooooooOOOOh, what's gonna happen? What is gonna happen? I don't know. Anyways, thank you for reading, (Y/n)!