thirty-seven. (part 2/4)

"So what do you want me to call you?" Melissa asked Midoriya as the three walked down the hallway. "By your normal name? Or do you already have a hero name?"

"Well actually," Midoriya thought for a moment and smiled. "Why don't you call me Deku?"

"Deku? That's kind of a strange nickname. And you can stick with Melissa for me," Melissa smiled then looked to (Y/n). "So how do you two know each other? Other than being in the same class."

"We're actually childhood friends," (Y/n) explained.

"Oh, so he's like that Bakugo guy you told me about," Melissa remembered, causing her to blush furiously.

"You mentioned Kacchan to her when you came here?" Midoriya asked, seeing how she turned beet red at the thought of it.

"Yeah, she said how cu--" (Y/n) then cut Melissa off.

"Hey why don't we talk about something else? Like um... the expo..." she tried to think, wanting to change the subject.

"Okay..." Melissa said, nodding slightly.

The three then talked about other things while walking to the expo to see the displays so All Might and David could talk.

"Holy woah, this place is amazing!" Midoriya said as he looked around. "I can't believe the entire island is man-made, this place is nuts!"

As Melissa talked about the island and the scientists, Midoriya went absolutely nuts over seeing the monster hero: Godzilla walk through the expo. Melissa talked about how all the pro heroes will be at the party that night, (Y/n) remembering why Melissa had her bring at least one formal outfit.

"I'm excited for the party," (Y/n) told Melissa while looking around the expo.

"Me too," Melissa smiled at her then saw one of the showcase areas. "Look over here! You definitely have to check this place out."

The three then went into the building Melissa had pointed at to see all of the new technology developed, Midoriya going absolutely crazy over all of it. It was like seeing a little kid in a toy store. As they were looking at one of the support items, Melissa telling Midoriya about how she wants to be like her father, (Y/n) felt something with her quirk. She sensed some familiar energy...

"Looks like you're having fun, Deku," Uraraka said as she scared the three.

"Ochaco!" (Y/n) exclaimed as she turned around. "I thought your energy felt familiar!"

"Uraraka!" Midoriya yelled as he turned around to see his friend. "What're you doing here?"

"It looks like you're having fun," Uraraka repeated, still with a shocked expression.

"You already said that," Midoriya and (Y/n) said at the same time.

Yaoyorozu then coughed, getting their attention.