fifty-seven.

"(Y/n)?"

"That's enough," (Y/n) firmly said as the tears streamed down her face once again.

She let the forcefield down, allowing them to drop to the ground. She ran to the two boys once they were separated, kneeling as she wrapped her arms around him.

"I'm sorry," she softly cried into him. "I should've been there for you but I wasn't, I couldn't protect you from them and that's why we got kidnapped. I'm so sorry. I should've been stronger, then you wouldn't have to feel this way. I'm sorry I was weak."

As Bakugo talked about losing to Midoriya, holding (Y/n) as she clung to him, All Might then spoke up.

"Stop this right now," All Might commanded, walking through the clearing smoke. "I'm sorry, but I heard what you've said."

(Y/n) pulled her head away from Bakugo as she looked up with the other two towards their instructor. 

"All Might," Bakugo breathed, panting as his shoulders went up and down.

"When did you get here?" Midoriya asked, still laying on the ground.

"I didn't notice before, but I should have," All Might responded, seeing (Y/n) next to Bakugo--her cheeks wet with tears.

"It's too late now," Bakugo told him, getting up as (Y/n) remained seated on the ground. "Why did you pick Deku? It started when the sludge villain came, didn't it? So why him?"

"He was powerless," All Might stepped closer to the explosive blonde closer, "but still more heroic than anyone else. I knew you were strong, that much was obvious. You were someone who could already fight and you had (L/n) 100% behind your back the entire time. So I decided that he should have a chance to stand at the ring."

"But now you know I'm weak too. I always wanted to be like you which meant being as strong as possible. But look what I did to you, because I'm not good enough."

"Katsuki..." (Y/n) furrowed her brows, pressing her hands against the ground as she heard his upsetting words.

"This is not your fault young Bakugo. Yours either, young (L/n)." All Might stopped at the three. "I was always going to lose my power. You couldn't do anything to change that. You are strong, I worked on your physical strength and overlooked what was important."

All Might grabbed Bakugo's head, bringing it to his chest as he said, "I apologize, sometimes I forget that you're children."

Bakugo then pulled himself away from All Might, "After being a hero for so many years you learn a few things. Striving to be the best, like you young Bakugo. And caring about people and rescuing those in trouble, like you young Midoriya. 

"There's always a bridge between the two, it can be a bond or a person, or in your case, (L/n). These are necessary in a hero, otherwise they'll never truly be able to represent justice. That's why you admire his strength so much, young Midoriya. And I know that's why you've feared his heart and spirit, young Bakugo. 

"Now that you've laid your feelings out on the table, maybe now you can understand each other. If you have mutual respect and focus on making one another stronger, I've no doubt you can both become amazing heroes. 

"(L/n), you shouldn't be so hard on yourself for trying to protect young Bakugo. You're so caring for others and so strong, you're the link between the two. The peacekeeper. You three could become incredible heroes as you fight beside one another."

"That's not what I wanted to hear," Bakugo said, plopping onto the ground, putting his head between his knees.

Y/N crawled over, placing her hand on his shoulder as she had nothing else to say--nothing to help him feel better in this dark time.