thirty-one.

After a couple days more of interning, and the Hosu incident being announced, it was day five of the internship. Best Jeanist had decided to bring Bakugo and (Y/n) out into the public to patrol.

"It's possible some villains were inspired by what happened in Hosu," Best Jeanist started. "That means they could be feeling bolder, it may just be a patrol but keep your guard up."

"Yeah, yeah..." Bakugo grumbled, walking beside (Y/n) and behind Best Jeanist.

(Y/n) had put on her goggles, under her half-up half-down look, and was patrolling the streets.

"Here's a question for you two," Best Jeanist started, turning to look back at them. "Patrols are mainly meant to deter villains from committing any crimes, but they also have a secondary purpose. What is it?"

"If we see some bad guys, we can beat them up on the spot!" Bakugo answered, feeling confident.

"Incorrect. (L/n), what do you think?"

"Um..." (Y/n) tapped her chin looking up as she tried to think of an answer. "So they feel safe seeing us?"

"Hey, it's Best Jeanist!" a schoolgirl squealed--pointing at the hero.

"Thanks for keeping us safe!" another followed up with.

"Partially correct, (L/n)," Best Jeanist replied while waving to the schoolgirls. "The answer is: to remind people who we are. Our presence gives the public a peace of mind. This leaves a tapestry of trust between the protectors and the protected."

"I think you just like getting recognized," Bakugo remarked, looking to the side.

(Y/n) elbowed him and whispered, "I agree but don't say that out loud."

"Hey, I've seen that blonde guy and that girl on TV before!" A kid pointed to (Y/n) and Bakugo, the two turning towards him and his two friends. "Yeah a villain caught him and he almost cried like a baby!"

Suddenly Bakugo's hair popped from the combed form as he grew angrier. (Y/n) noticed this and grabbed his arm, hissing in a low tone, "No. Don't you dare."

"What did you say!?" Bakugo screamed, spinning around to the kids as he got out of (Y/n)'s grip.

"Aw come on," she mumbled, facepalming.

"Have you really forgotten everything I've taught you?" Best Jeanist asked, turning to Bakugo. "Act like a pro."

"Yeah, fine," Bakugo grumbled, walking to the kids.

"This won't end well." (Y/n) sighed, rubbing her temples.

"Maybe he actually learned something," Best Jeanist suggested to her as they watched Bakugo with the kids.

"Listen up," Bakugo started, leaning down to the kids, "I wasn't helpless, I was just coming up with ways to fight him. Sometimes a hero has to pretend he's been caught, you really think I would lose? You'll eat those words when I'm the new number one hero! You dumb kids will never laugh at me again if you know what's good for you!"

(Y/n) then created a small forcefield between the crying kids and Bakugo as she shook her head. "Yeah, that's a nice thing to say to kids..."

As the internship ended, Best Jeanist said his farewells to (Y/n) and Bakugo, telling her to keep an eye on him in the future

As the internship ended, Best Jeanist said his farewells to (Y/n) and Bakugo, telling her to keep an eye on him in the future. "The best superheroes always have someone to keep them human, and I think you and Bakugo complement each other nicely," Best Jeanist told her as Bakugo began to walk to the train station.

"Thank you, sir," (Y/n) said to him as she grabbed her bags and ran to catch up with Bakugo.