seventy-four.

It was the night before the School Festival, and they had just finished the last rehearsal. (Y/n) was taking it easy since she had started getting nosebleeds again, her palms reopening for the third time since starting.

"Are you sure you're going to be okay for the performance, (L/n)?" Kirishima asked as she rewrapped her hands. 

"I'll be okay, I promise," she assured him as she wrapped the bandage around her palm. "I'll probably have to go put on the gloves from my costume just in case."

"Well don't bleed everywhere!" Mineta yelled at her, still pumped up for the festival the next day. "It's not hot!"

Kirishima then shot him a glare while she tied off the bandage. Mineta backed away and did other things. (Y/n) stood up to go to her room, informing them, "I'm gonna turn in for the night, I'm beat."

"Oh hey, (Y/n)," Midoriya caught her attention as she walked to the elevator, "I'm going to the store in the morning to get some new rope, do you want me to pick up more gauze for your hands? I've noticed how beat up they are."

"That'd be great, thank you!" She tiredly smiled at him, continuing to walk to the elevator.

That night, she didn't dream nor sense. But rather, she saw something that she hadn't seen in a really long time.

An aurora borealis.

While the class prepared for the performance, (Y/n) waited for Midoriya with the new bandages, "Where is he?"

"He'll be back, mademoiselle." Aoyama walked over to her. "Don't you fret over him."

"Okay." She nodded, going over to her locker.

She grabbed the emergency bandages she kept in there and started to rewrap her hands, careful not to injure herself any further.

"You're going to want to get that checked out after the performance." Bakugo snuck up behind her. "You keep reopening the wound."

"Katsuki!" She spun around, dropping the roll in the process. "Shouldn't you be getting ready?"

"I saw you struggling with the gauze, so I came to help you, idiot." Bakugo knelt down and picked up the gauze, bringing it up and wrapping her hand. "These look pretty bad. Are you positive you'll be okay with using your quirk?"

"Yes, one hundred percent." She winced as he tied it tight around her hand. "Thank you, Katsuki." But before she could pull her hand away, he held up her palm to his face, leaving a light kiss where he had just bandaged--causing her to have a deep blush erupt across her face. "T-thank you." 

"Yeah, whatever." He looked away as he let go of her hand, blushing slightly.

She went up and kissed his cheek. "Good luck, Explosion Boy."

He then went over with the band, leaning his head against the wall as a way to calm his nerves.

(Y/n) took this moment to grab her gloves and goggles out of her locker, carefully putting the gloves on over the bandages. She pulled the goggles on, putting her hair through the opening and resting them on her forehead.