eighteen.

-word count: 999 words-

As the days passed and the students trained, (Y/n) really hadn't had a lot of time to think about her and Bakugo's feelings. All she could focus on was getting better for the festival.

"What're you gonna work on first, (L/n)?" Kirishima asked as they were walking towards the practice area.

"Well, since my quirk is gaining new abilities, I was thinking about working on the newer and weaker ones since the things like blasts, forcefields, and steppingstones are easier to do now," she responded, pulling her hair back.

"Like what?"

"Well, I've been able to create bigger forcefields and been able to move objects around on top of them," she explained, gesturing with her hands as they got closer to the area. 

"Hey maybe we could help each other with that," Kirishima suggested.

"How so?"

"Well, why don't you throw large rocks at me, practicing with your quirk, while I break or dodge them, practicing my quirk," he suggested, making his arm hard as an example. 

"That's actually a really good idea!"

"What're you two idiots talking about?" Bakugo asked, walking up to the two of them.

"We're helping each other practice our quirks," she told Bakugo. "I'm using my quirk to throw rocks at Kirishima while he breaks and/or dodges them with his quirk."

"The festival isn't about teamwork, but we are going against other people, so it's not a terrible idea," Bakugo stated, shoving his hands into his uniform pockets. 

"Wow, that's so nice," Kirishima said, tears welling in his eyes as he clenched his fist. "So manly."

(Y/n) rolled her eyes and looked at Bakugo. "You know, I could throw rocks at you as well and you can blow them up."

"No thanks," Bakugo snarled slightly. "I'm good practicing on my own."

After a few days of practicing, the day of the festival was there

After a few days of practicing, the day of the festival was there. (Y/n) grabbed her small bag of hair ties, making sure to bring a lot so she didn't forget, and a couple energy bars.

"Good luck, sweetie," her dad said as she walked out the door. "We'll be watching. We're so proud of you!"

"Thanks, dad!" (Y/n) waved as she left the house, walking to school where they would meet to then go to the main arena.

After getting to school and the locker room, (Y/n) was grabbing her suit when she closed the door, seeing Uraraka right there and causing her to yelp.

"Oh my god, Uraraka. You scared me," (Y/n) gasped.

"Sorry," she responded. "I'm just so pumped for today!"

"Me too, man," (Y/n) said, grabbing a hair tie and pulling back her hair. "Although I am kinda nervous."

"Because you might have to fight Bakugo?"

"What? No," she denied, shaking her head. "It's just, ever since the USJ fight and I hit my head, my quirk has been super strong lately. Like, levels I don't usually use were so much easier."

"What's wrong with that?"

"I'm worried I'm either gonna max out my quirk way too fast or my quirk is gonna evolve in the middle of the match."

"What do you mean 'evolve'?" Uraraka questioned, slightly scared of the answer she may receive.

"My quirk is so versatile, I have no idea of the limits. I mean, you know how my hands and eyes glow?"

Uraraka nodded, knowing how they work.

"Well, sometimes it gets brighter or travels more up my arms," she continued to explain. "I don't know what's next in my quirk."

"(L/n), I think you might gain some new abilities," Uraraka responded. "But let's not worry about that right now, just focus on the festival and win!"

"Yeah!" (Y/n) yelled as she followed Uraraka to the 1-A waiting room.

The two girls entered the room, and as (Y/n) began to look around the room, Uraraka winked as she nudged her towards Bakugo. (Y/n) shot her a quick glare and then went to sit down next to him.

"Hey," she greeted him.

"Hey, you remembered a hair tie this time," Bakugo said, pointing to (Y/n)'s hair.

"I'm not completely useless." She shrugged while looking at him. "You ready for th--"

"Everyone get your game faces on!" Iida yelled, entering the room as he swung the door open. "We're entering the arena soon!"

"Midoriya," Todoroki said as he walked up to him.

"Hey Todoroki," Midoriya responded. "What's up?"

Bakugo had looked over to the two, which caused (Y/n) to follow his gaze, seeing the interaction.

"From an objective standpoint, I think it's fairly clear that I'm stronger than you," Todoroki stated, causing (Y/n) to narrow her eyes, nervous of what may follow.

"Yeah," Midoriya agreed.

"However," Todoroki continued. "You've got All Might in your corner helping you out. I'm not here to pry about what's going on between you two, but know that I will beat you."

"What's with all of these declarations of war?" Kaminari nervously chuckled, causing Kirishima to get up and put his hand on Todoroki's shoulder.

"Yeah, what's the big deal?" Kirishima asked. "Why are you picking a fight all of a sudden, and right before we get started?"

Todoroki threw off Kirishima's hand, "We're not here as friends, don't forget this isn't a team effort."

"Yeah, but what's the problem?" (Y/n) asked, pressing her hands against the table.

"Wait a sec, Todoroki," Midoriya said, stopping Todoroki as he began to walk away. "I don't know what's going through your head, or why you think you need to tell me that you'll beat me, and yeah, of course you're better than me. In fact, you may have more potential than anyone in the hero course. That's why you got in so easily."

"Izuku, don't say that," (Y/n) said, starting to get up from her seat. "We're all good in our own ways."

"Yeah, you may be being a little hard on yourself, and us man," Kirishima added.

"No, he's right, you guys," Midoriya continued. "All the other courses, they're coming for us with everything they've got. We're all going to have to fight to stand up. And I'll be aiming for the top, too."

"Well then..." (Y/n) said as she leaned against the table.

" (Y/n) said as she leaned against the table