Chapter 53

Chapter 53 - How could anyone dare to say this couple had a bad relationship? (1)

Li Yuanhang's wedding reception was held at a five-star hotel.

Holding Little Wang's hand, Ruan Xia followed Song Tingshen into the elevator. When they arrived at the main hall, she saw that Li Yuanhang and his bride weren't the only couple getting married today, so the hotel was rather bustling with activity and crowds of people. Because of the heavy foot traffic, they slowly made their way to the hall that Li Yuanhang and his bride had reserved. At the doorway of the hall, there were relatives from the groom's and bride's side of family welcoming guests.

Anyways, Ruan Xia's figure and face were fabulous. Everywhere she went, she was sure to attract the attention of many people. Just like now, Li Jing immediately noticed the woman by Song Tingshen's side.

Although her older brother had said more than one time that Song Tingshen's wife was a real beauty, Li Jing had never believed him. Or perhaps, it was because she subconsciously didn't want to believe him. It was because she had to think poorly of Mrs. Song in order for her to feel good about herself. This was the only way she would have the courage to like Song Tingshen and to dare to believe that she would one day be the person by his side.

Regardless of anything else, Ruan Xia was still his nominal wife, so Song Tingshen went through the appropriate motions in front of other people. One by one, he introduced her to his friends and college classmates. Ruan Xia's performance was also praiseworthy. She was elegant and at ease as she greeted them with smiles.

Everyone felt that Song Tingshen and his wife looked really good together. In addition, they had an adorable son. How could anyone dare to say this couple had a bad relationship?

What logic would someone be able to use to make such a claim? What reasons would that person use?

Song Tingshen didn't introduce Li Jing to Ruan Xia. His thought process was very simple and straightforward. On one hand, he wasn't close to Li Jing on a personal level. The only person connecting them was Li Yuanhang. And on the other hand, Li Jing was one of his employees, but not a high-level executive. He felt there was really no personal or business reason to introduce her.

However, Li Jing didn't think that way. She took the initiative to approach them and smiled as she said to Ruan Xia, "Hi Mrs. Song, I'm Li Jing. We spoke on the phone yesterday. I'm also one of Big Brother Song's employees. It's all thanks to Big Brother Song. He's been looking after me so much. That's why I was able to enter his company as an intern.

Ruan Xia unobtrusively looked her over.

Ah, so this was Li Jing.

She looked quite delicately pretty and looked even more youthfully bright and beautiful because of the pink dress she was wearing.

However, her word choice was truly very skillful. If she hadn't made that call last night, then there would be nothing wrong with the words she had said. But, she hadn't been satisfied with only making last night's call. She actually came up to her to tell her how her husband had been looking after her so much... how interesting.

Was Li Jing doing this because she was worried she wouldn't misunderstand?

If she and Song Tingshen were a real couple, then no matter how good their relationship was, she would be feeling unhappy right now from hearing these words. And, she would definitely misunderstand and think that her husband was having an affair with Li Jing.

Were there really still people rushing to be mistresses in this day and age? What a ridiculous youngster.

Ruan Xia smiled. "Hello."

Her attitude was neither enthusaiatic nor indifferent.

Even though Li Jing had taken the initiative of bringing up last night's phone call, Ruan Xia didn't feel like playing along. She guessed that even Li Jing would never think that she and Song Tingshen were a plastic couple. Even if Song Tingshen kept a bunch of mistresses outside, she would truly remain uninterested. Whether or not he was having an affair or multiple affairs, she would keep pretending that she knew nothing unless he knocked up another woman and the mistress called her one day.

It wasn't because she was weak. It was because the original owner had chosen this type of marriage from the very beginning. She had transmigrated here and taken over the original owner's body. Sure, she could divorce Song Tingshen, get part of his assets in the divorce settlement, and live a carefree life. But, wasn't she already living a carefree life now? Why would she superfluously choose to divorce him?