Chapter 127

Chapter 127 - What did an obtuse man know about skincare? (3)

Little Wang was sitting next to her. Hearing his mom sighing, he stretched out his chubby hand and hugged her arm. He asked, "Mom, are you sad?"

"No."

Ruan Xia thought it over and pulled herself together. She took out her phone, snapped a photo of the rose bouquet, and put it up on the city's online marketplace.

Even though it wasn't Valentine's Day or Christmas Day, a bouquet of 99 roses wouldn't be cheap. She estimated that it would cost at least a thousand yuan. It would be a waste to throw this into the trash. Her heart ached just thinking about throwing money away. Although it wasn't her money that was being wasted, it would be better to post the bouquet online to sell.

Online marketplaces had become especially well developed. It only took half an hour before someone contacted Ruan Xia after she had listed the bouquet for 500 yuan along with contact information. The buyer was straightforward and didn't try to haggle with her. The buyer probably knew that this was the cheapest possible price.

She was about to go out to meet with her English teacher in the downtown area for her lesson, so she made an appointment to meet with the buyer in the same area to make the sale.

---

The buyer was a computer programmer that wore black-framed glasses. According to his message, today was his girlfriend's birthday. He didn't know what gift to get her. Buying roses from a florist would be expensive. By buying Ruan Xia's roses, he would save a few hundred yuan and be able to afford a candlelight dinner that evening.

Ruan Xia saw the extra 500 hundred yuan on her phone screen after the buyer had transferred it electronically and was very satisfied. She had a bold idea. If Duan Chi sent her a rose bouquet every day and she sold it for 500 yuan each time, she would earn over 10,000 yuan in a month!

*Cough*

No! She can't have these sorts of ideas! She already had a lot of money!

Little Wang pulled on Ruan Xia's sleeve. He asked, "Mom, why did you give the flowers to that uncle."

Ruan Xia rubbed Little Wang's head. "I didn't give those flowers to him. I sold it to him. Mom earned 500 yuan."

It would be such a waste to throw away the flowers. And if she left the flowers at home, wouldn't they be an eyesore to Song Tingshen? Although there weren't many feelings between them, a man had overtly sent flowers to their home. Song Tingshen wasn't a block of wood.

And so, after thinking it over, selling the flowers was the best option. She donated the 500 yuan to a charity that would use the money to buy meals for children in rural areas.

---

On his way back to his office from a conference room, Song Tingshen passed by the Sales Department and saw flowers on an employee's desk. They inevitably reminded him of the roses that Ruan Xia had gotten this morning.

It would be impossible to say that he didn't care at all. After all, those flowers had been sent directly to his home.

After returning to his office, Song Tingshen thought it over before calling Little Wang.

Little Wang quickly answered the call. His voice was clear and sharp as he shouted, "Dad, what do you want?! Mom and I are eating out!"

Song Tingshen pretended to casually ask, "Is mom next to you?"

Little Wang answered, "Mom went to the bathroom. The english teacher and I are waiting for her!"

Song Tingshen paused. "Little Wang, dad is going to ask you something. Don't tell mom about it, okay?"

"Okay!"

"What happened to the bouquet from this morning?"

Little Wang did his best to remember. Fortunately, it hadn't been too long ago, and he hadn't forgotten yet. "Mom gave the flowers to an uncle. She said that she sold them to him. She earned 500 yuan!"

Song Tingshen: "..."

He had thought of several possibilities, but the outcome that Ruan Xia would sell those flowers hadn't occurred to him.

A light smile appeared in his eyes without him realizing.