Chapter 185

Chapter 185 - What separates humans and animals is self-control and knowing your moral bottom line (1)

After coming back from a long holiday vacation, Li Jing didn't have much work to do in the Finance Department. After all, it was the beginning of the month. However, she stayed at work until after 8 PM. After coming out of the company, she didn't walk far before a car stopped next to her. Li Jing knew that this was her older brother's car. Her heart skipped a beat. There was no way around it. She unwillingly opened the car door and got into the car.

Li Yuanhang had been very busy with work lately, but he still didn't forget about that matter. Seeing his younger sister like this, he was uncomfortable too. However, he couldn't just watch as his younger sister went down the crooked path, so he asked, "Have you resigned yet? If it's inconvenient, I can talk to Old Song about it for you."

"Older brother." Li Jing raised her head. Her eyes were slightly red. "Could you leave this matter alone? I know that Big Brother Song won't like me. He won't even notice me if I stay here. I just want to stay in the place where he is. I'll be happy just occasionally seeing him. You won't even let me have that?"

She wasn't asking for much. She just wanted to be a little bit closer to him, just a little bit. Why wasn't this okay? Why did her older brother have to pressure her so hard?

Li Yuanhang heavily sighed. "I believe in Old Song's character, but I don't believe in yours, Little Jing." He felt ridiculous when he said those words, but he was telling the truth.

"Older brother is an experienced person. There was someone else I liked before meeting your sister-in-law, so I understand very well what you're feeling. At first, I also thought I would be happy just looking at that person, but once there are feelings, it's impossible to feel satisfied with that. As time grows and you like him more, you'll no longer be satisfied with just looking at him. Little Jing, you're still young. You think you can disregard everything for love. You might even think that this ideal of yours is worthy of great admiration... But older brother will tell you that what separates humans and animals is self-control and knowing your moral bottom line.

"You can't hurt others under the banner of having feelings. Old Song and I have known each for so long. I can tell you that you only know his surface appearance. He loves his family a lot. There are rumors that he has a bad relationship with his wife. Have you ever thought about why he doesn't get a divorce? With his conditions, he's not lacking in women that want to be by his side. So how come there's no one else?

"First, he's not interested in having an affair. Second, he wants to safeguard his family. If anyone dares to hurt his family members or attempt to break apart his family, then he won't let that person off easily, even if that person is my younger sister. The reason why he informed me about this is because he's giving me face and a chance to resolve it. If I don't do a good job resolving it, he'll deal with it himself."

As Li Jing heard these words, she felt increasingly uncomfortable and upset.

"You're my younger sister and he's been my friend for many years. So carefully think about it. Has he been extra attentive of you? He hasn't. He's always made a clear distinction. He won't treat you special because of me. Little Jing, I don't want to lose Old Song's friendship. Even more than that, I don't want you to provoke such trouble. Do you understand?"

Looking at Li Jing's appearance, Li Yuanhang didn't know if she had really listened to him. In the end, he could only say, "I'll drop you off at home. Same words as before. Resign as soon as possible. If I find out that you haven't resigned in a week, I'll brazenly talk directly to Old Song."