Chapter 102

Chapter 102 - He was offering to spend money on her because he had adapted to the original owner's preference (2)

Although he was still young, little kids were usually sensitive. He liked his mom, but his mom hadn't liked him. In the past, she wouldn't kiss him, hug him, or play with him.

Song Tingshen put away his smile and patiently explained, "Little Wang, do you know how you were born? It was really hard on your mom when she was pregnant with you. And when you wanted to come out, she was in painful labor for over ten hours before you came out. Dad didn't have to suffer hardship or experience that type of pain. Your mom does like you, but we need to give her more time. Okay?"

There was never a time when Song Tingshen spoke badly about Ruan Xia in front of their son.

It was because he didn't feel qualified. As a man, he never felt or experienced the hardship of pregnancy and the pain of childbirth. So, on what basis, could he accuse Ruan Xia of being a bad mother?

Once Little Wang heard these words, he nervously asked, "Is mom still in pain?"

"Dad doesn't know." Song Tingshen paused. "So, you have to be better behaved in the future. Don't make mom angry and don't suspect that she doesn't like you. Okay?"

Little Wang immediately nodded. "Okay!"

Little children always had lots of questions. After a break that only lasted a few minutes, he went back to giving Song Tingshen a hard time again. "Dad, do you think mom likes you?"

On one hand, Song Tingshen felt that it wouldn't be good to honestly answer this question. But, he didn't feel comfortable betraying his conscience and lying to his son.

After over ten seconds of thinking, he could only answer with, "Dad doesn't know."

Little Wang gave his dad a disdainful look. "You're so stupid. You don't even know. I know that mom likes me now, and I know dad likes me too. Grandpa and grandma like me too."

Song Tingshen humbly accepted the criticism. "Dad really isn't as smart as you in this aspect."

"Do you like mom?" Little Wang tossed him another difficult question.

Song Tingshen covered Little Wang's raised belly with the bath towel. "Question and answer time is over."

"It's not over. Dad, do you like mom?" Little Wang grabbed his hand and stared at him with a pair of inquisitive eyes.

Little Wang looked a lot like his mother. For a moment, Song Tingshen felt as if Ruan Xia was the one asking him this question.

"... Dad doesn't know."

Little Wang smacked the surface of the water with his chubby hand. "Dad, why don't you know anything?"

Song Tingshen calmly raised his hand and wiped away the water that had splashed onto his face. "Dad is human too. There are times when I don't know things."

---

Ruan Xia had no idea that Song Tingshen and Little Wang would have such a conversation. Of course, if Little Wang had tossed that same question to her, she could only answer that she didn't know.

After she had just taken a shower and felt refreshed as she walked out of her bathroom, Song Tingshen brought Little Wang over to her.

Although Little Wang had originally said he would equally divide his time between his parents, by this point, it was obvious that he slept with his mom a lot more. It wouldn't be easy for Ruan Xia to protest. If she protested too much, it would hurt this chubby kid's feelings. And, it was so easy to want to protect this chubby kid from distress.