Chapter 180

Chapter 180 - They treated her as if... as if she was their boss (2)

Ruan Xia was still very happy. "Song Tingshen, do you have free time this afternoon? If you do, I'll treat you to a meal. I want to go celebrate."

She didn't have much job hunting experience. Now that she had found such a good job, the word happiness was too inadequate to describe how she was feeling.

Song Tingshen flipped through his schedule. When he saw that he had a dinner to go to that evening, he paused, but still ended up saying, "I'm free. I'll be spending your money again."

"Who cares about spending money?! Let's go have a big meal today. I'll go make reservations now!"

Hearing her boldly saying those words without restraint, Song Tingshen inevitably laughed in spite of himself. "Since that's the case, I'll trouble you with picking me up." He paused and joked, "I want to save gas."

Ruan Xia: "... Sure, I'll come pick you up after I get Little Wang."

Song Tingshen: "Make sure to make reservations in advance. I don't want to eat at Pizza Hut."

Ruan Xia: "Don't worry, I won't consult that kid's opinion today."

The husband and wife were now completely not taking Little Wang's mood and opinion into consideration. Kids had to occasionally accommodate adults' tastebuds!

Before hanging up the call, Song Tingshen pretended to inadvertently ask, "Send me the name and address of the company you interviewed today. I'll see if I know the boss of that company. It'll be easier to look in on."

Was this going through the backdoor? Didn't seem like it. Song Tingshen didn't seem like that sort of person.

Ruan Xia also found the company she went to a bit strange. Not that it was bad, but that it was too good. Whether it was the receptionist or the HR Manager, the attitude towards her was too good and too enthusiastic. It was completely different from how her previous interviews went. Although the receptionists she met in the past were polite too, it wouldn't be to that level. They treated her as if... as if she was their boss.

She had only cared about being happy earlier, but now that she came down from that bubbly euphoria, she immediately agreed to Song Tingshen's offer, "Okay, okay, help me check it out. It would suck if it was a multi-level marketing company..."

When she went to the interview today, she had briefly looked online, but there wasn't any detailed information on the company. She didn't find it strange. After all, newly established companies usually didn't have a lot of information available online.

Song Tingshen was amused by her guess. "Okay, I'll go check."

Ruan Xia could hear the sound of him laughing. She lightly coughed. "I don't think it would be my turn to have such a good opportunity fall into my lap. If your check comes up with nothing, I'll go to work next week. It's not a small matter to get tricked into an MLM scheme."

After ending the call, Song Tingshen thought of Ruan Xia's worries of it being an MLM scheme and wanted to laugh again. He thought it over and called the HR department on his office phone.

The HR Manager was puzzled when she got a call from CEO Song. The CEO normally didn't inquire too much about HR matters. What was he calling about? Still, she mustered up 120% energy.

"How much do we pay the officer workers in the overseas department?" Song Tingshen asked.

The HR Manager: "..."