Chapter 153

Chapter 153 - The more she understood Song Tingshen, the more that she discovered he had plenty of outstanding points beyond his power and wealth (2)

Rebuilding the tombstones wasn't that something could be completed in a day or two. Song Tingshen's parents had passed away a long time ago, so they weren't buried in a large-scale cemetery. The place they were buried in was backed by the mountains, and the scenery was good. However, since no one was managing it, it was overgrown with weeds. Song Tingshen borrowed a hoe from someone and cut down the nearby weeds in a few strokes. It immediately looked much cleaner.

The tombstones had been here for many years, and there weren't any photos on them. Ruan Xia placed a plastic bag on the ground and had Little Wang kneel and bow to his grandparents.

"Little Wang, greet your grandparents. They're in heaven, and they'll bless you with good health and protect you from harm."

Ruan Xia lit three incense sticks and offered them to Little Wang.

Little Wang had known early on that his paternal grandparents were gone a long time ago. He solemnly kowtowed three times and said in a milky voice, "Grandpa, grandma, I'm Little Wang, your precious grandson."

He thought it over and added, "I hope that you guys are happy up there in heaven!"

Little Wang took the three incense sticks and clumsy inserted them into the incense burner.

He turned his head to look at Ruan Xia and curiously asked, "Are their ears that powerful? Why don't we call them?"

A child's world was exceptionally simple.

Ruan Xia thought over this question and answered, "There's no signal in heaven, so we can't call them on the phone. But that's okay, they can hear everything you say to them."

Little Wang: "Wow, grandpa and grandma are so amazing."

"Yeah, since grandpa and grandma are amazing, that's why your dad is also amazing!"

Song Tingshen listened to the conversation between mother and son. He put the hoe aside. His gaze was profound as he looked at his parents' tombstones.

He had been very young when his parents died, but no matter how young he was, he knew then that there would be no one in the future that would love and care for him that much. He could treat all of his bad experience in those years as hard work that was rewarded in the form of his current success. Even if his great-aunt and her family didn't treat him well, if he looked at it from another angle, those experiences had tempered and forged him into the person he was today.

He felt that he had succeeded. He had saved all the stones that life had thrown at him to make a house that would shelter his wife and child from the wind and rain.

He was now in his thirties, with his own family. His parents in heaven should be at ease.

Song Tingshen looked at Ruan Xia. She was currently bowing to his parents' tombstones. He couldn't immediately hear what she was murmuring. When he carefully listened, he heard her mentioning Little Wang. She seemed to be praying to his parents and asking them to bless Little Wang with good health.

His heart softened. Since he could be unperturbed over his great-aunt and her family's actions, he really shouldn't be harsh towards the woman that had given birth to his son. Let bygones be bygones. The present and future was more important than the past.

Song Tingshen had originally been especially tolerant to people that weren't outsiders. Ruan Xia was his child's mother. After she had given birth to Little Wang, he had never been harsh to her.