Chapter 142

Chapter 142 - There was no way he would let Qiaoqiao work at his company (3)

Ruan Xia, who had been silent, was incensed by these words. Although Song Tingshen's great-aunt was scolding her granddaughter, her words showed that she was already thinking that Little Wang had bullied her granddaughter.

After all, there were two children playing here, and Little Wang wasn't the one crying right now. In their eyes, whoever cried was the innocent party.

Since Ruan Xia knew that Song Tingshen didn't like his relatives, she held Little Wang and said to Song Tingshen with a cold face, "Husband, come handle this matter. You know our son's character. He's more well-behaved than anyone else when he's a guest. If he really bullied her, we'll discipline him!"

"Aiya, it's not a big deal. Little kids are always naughty and like to roughhouse. It'll be fine after a while."

"Yeah, it's normal for boys to be naughtier. Come on, let's eat."

"Tingshen's wife, this really isn't a big deal..."

Who knows how distantly related these relatives were to Song Tingshen? They were all trying to smooth things over. Although these relatives had already set their minds on believing that Little Wang was too naughty and had made a little girl cry, they didn't think it was a big deal. From their perspective, it was normal for there to be conflicts and quarrels between little kids. All of their kids and the kids that they knew had squabble with other kids.

Ruan Xia just stared at Song Tingshen. She quietly asked Little Wang, "Baby, what happened? Tell me."

She had experienced being wrongfully accused too as a kid. Little kids had feelings. It felt awful to be accused to have done something that you hadn't done. And, it felt even worse when your parents didn't believe in you. Or perhaps, they believed their children, but for the sake of so-called adult's dignity, they would rather their children bear the burden of being guilty for something they didn't do.

Little Wang carefully looked at his mom. His lips wobbled. Feeling wronged, he stretched out his arm to show the red marks on his wrist. "She wanted my bracelets. I didn't want to give them to her because grandma gave them to me. She tried to grab them from me and hurt my wrist.. Mom, I'm not lying."

Ruan Xia was sure that he wasn't lying. Little Wang had the same white and tender skin as the original owner, and there were still marks on his wrist.

What was wrong with this family? The great-aunt stroked her son's gold bracelets, the little girl tried to snatch them off of him...

These were Song Tingshen's relatives, and now one of them had acted so blatantly. She stared at Song Tingshen. She wanted to see his response.

Song Tingshen, who had been silent, chuckled. He walked over to the little girl, slightly leaned over, and asked, "Is what he said true?"

The little girl shook her head while sounding choked up. "I didn't!"

"En, so you really don't want those gold bracelets, right?"

The little girl pouted. It looked as if she was going to cry again. "I don't want them. I didn't try to take them from home. He pushed me and hit me."

Song Tingshen nodded. He warmly said, "Uncle was thinking of buying you a pair of gold bracelets, but since you don't want them, never mind then."

The little girl and Song Tingshen's great-aunt were utterly stunned.

"I..." The little girl was young after all. She was eager to say something, but her mom harshly pinched her on her butt, so she could only cry harder.

Song Tingshen said to Ruan Xia, "Xiaxia, let's drop this. My great-aunt's family members are very honest people. They wouldn't be after a child's gold bracelets. It's not like they're so poor that they've lost their minds."