Chapter 116

Chapter 116 - For time being, he would simply consider Ruan Xia as someone he had met on a blind date (1)

Ruan Xia had taken the car this morning. After getting Mother Ruan's call, she called Song Tingshen's number. The call was quickly answered on the other side.

"My mom said she wants to make up celebrating your birthday. How about this? I'm going to a beauty salon near your office later for a facial treatment. When you're done with work, give me a call and I'll go over there to pick you up. There's no need for us to drive separately to my parents' home. What do you think?"

Song Tingshen had also taken his car when he went to work this morning. They would be having dinner at the Ruan's tonight. It wouldn't be cost-effective to drive two cars over there. Since she was going to get a facial treatment near his office anyways, she could pick him on the way.

Although she was now a wealthy woman with money and lots of free time, her nature hadn't changed... She still wanted to save on fuel expenses. The cost of gas had increased by three cents a few days ago! That was highway robbery!

Song Tingshen didn't have objections. "Then I'll have to trouble you with picking me up."

Little by little, their relationship had been improving since Ruan Xia had transmigrated here. However, Song Tingshen was always courteous and polite to her. It was probably just a character trait of his.

"Alright, I won't keep you from your work. Bye."

The two of them didn't mention Duan Chi, the guy with delusions of grandeur, during their call.

For Song Tingshen, although he had been annoyed at the time, he didn't take it to heart.

For Ruan Xia, this wasn't a glorious matter. It would be awkward to mention it. There were some subjects that should be dropped once it was resolved. Frequently bringing it up to explain yourself would only make both parties feel awkward.

This was how the world of adults worked. Just let pointless things be carried away by the wind.

After the call ended, Song Tingshen had a slight urge to laugh. This would be the first time in his life that a woman was going to pick him up after work for a reason unrelated to work. And, her tone towards him had been pretty interesting too. It sounded as if she was treating him like a little kid like that had to be picked up from school.

Even so, Song Tingshen picked up his phone and called his driver to let him know he could take off from work early today. He didn't need him to drive home today, just pick him up tomorrow morning.

Just as Song Tingshen was about to focus on work, his personal cellphone rang again.

The call was from his good friend, Li Yuanhang.

"I only remembered that it was your birthday yesterday when I looked at the calendar today. Old Song, you wouldn't take that to heart, right?" Li Yuanhang's voice came from the other end of the phone.

Song Tingshen paused. "I'm surprised you remembered."

"What did you do for it yesterday? How about this? I'll be the host today and invited Old Three and the others to go drinking today to celebrate your birthday."

If you meet someone that was compatible with your personality and become friends with them when you were a student, it might be possible to maintain that friendship for life. Song Tingshen wasn't the sociable type. There were only a few people that he would consider as good friends, and they were his old college roommates.

It was only that they were all busy now. They all had wives, children, and careers. The opportunities to get together were becoming increasingly rare.

Song Tingshen was silent for a few seconds before he answered, "Not today. Let's do that another day."