Welcome to my home

Toni Topaz wasn't the one to brag. She'd like to give back more than flash her expansive stuff in people's faces.

"Okay. So I was wondering if you'd two like to come over to mine for dinner?" Toni asked the two redheads.

Cheryl shrugged, pulling on her jacket. "Sure," Cheryl said, holding her hand out for Delilah to take.

"Okay. I'll pick you both up at around 6. Sounds good, Delilah?" Toni asked.

"Yep! Later Toni!" The small redhead waved.

"Later, Lilah." Toni chuckled as the duo walked out.

Toni sighed, sitting back into her chair.

"Still thinks she's your daughter?" Fangs asked, startling Toni.

Toni pinched the bridge of her nose. "I know she is, fangs. This isn't a feeling people just get after meeting a child. She is my child." Toni sighed.

"You can always find out." Fangs said.

"How?" Toni asked.

Fangs shrugged. "I don't know. Ask her." Fangs said.

Toni throws a pen at him. "You can't go around asking people if that's their kid, you dweeb!" Toni huffed.

Fangs shrugged. " You're on your own, Topaz." Fangs said, grabbing his jacket.

He left with a chuckle.

"God. What am I going to do?" Toni sighed, closing her eyes as she leaned back against the cushioned seat.

Toni got up, leaving the building to prepare for Delilah and Cheryl.

XXX

"I like Toni." Delilah giggled as Cheryl smeared cupcake frosting on her face.

"Oh really now?" Cheryl cleared her throat at the mention of the girl's name.

"Yeah! Don't you?" Delilah asked innocently.

Cheryl swallowed the lump in her throat. "Yeah. I guess I do." She smiled.

Delilah sat on upright. "You love her?" She asked.

Cheryl shrugged. "As a friend. Yes." Cheryl replied, placing the cupcakes in the oven.

"So you'd go on a date with her?" She then asked. Cheryl took a deep breath.

"I don't know, Delilah. I'd be down, but I'm not sure Toni will." Cheryl said, leaning against the counter.

"Oh. Well, I hope she will," she said, leaning her head against Cheryl's shoulder.

Cheryl chuckled, kissing the crown of Delilah's head.

XXX

Toni pulled into the driveway of Cheryl's apartment.

"Okay. You got this! Just knock, act polite. Everything is okay!" Toni whispered to herself.

She knocked on the door. Cheryl smiled as she opened the door.

"Hey, Toni! We're ready." Cheryl smiled, grabbing her bag.

Toni smiled, handing Cheryl a rose. "Why, Thank you." Cheryl smiled.

"Lilah! Toni's here!" Cheryl said.

Delilah came running in, the sparkles on her dress shining brightly.

"Toni!" She cheered, jumping in Toni's arms.

"Hey, Lilah. Ready to go?" Toni asked, tickling her stomach.

Delilah giggled, nodding her head.

Toni smiled, walking down the driveway. Cheryl locked the door then caught up with Toni and Delilah who was getting into the car.

XXX

"Woah..." The redheads said in unison, as Toni pulled into the driveway of her house.

"I know." Toni giggled.

"I feel like I'd get lost in there." Cheryl giggled.

"I know something I'd like to get lost in." Toni thought to herself as she parked the car.

Toni opened the door for the two girls, smiling as Delilah took her hand.

They entered the house. Cheryl took her shoes off, then took off Delilah's.

"You have a beautiful home, Toni." Cheryl smiled.

"Thanks. Dinner isn't ready yet. So how about we go into the game room? Or whatever you'd like." Toni said, looking at Delilah.

"Do you have a soccer room?" She asked.

Cheryl giggled. "She loves to play soccer," Cheryl said.

Toni nodded. " I actually do. Follow me." She told the redheads.

Toni leads them into a room with fake grass and goals on each side.

"Holy shit!" Delilah yelled

Cheryl's eyes opened wide. "Delilah Melanie Blossom. Watch your language!" Cheryl scolded.

"Sorry, mommy." She apologized. "Come on Toni!" She said, pulling the girl over to the soccer ball.

"I wanna play defense! Your goalie!" She told Toni.

Toni nodded, going over to the net.

XXX

After Delilah kicked Toni's ass in soccer, they went upstairs to see if dinner was done, which it was.

The trio sat at the dining table as they started eating.

"Toni. My mom wants to know if you'd go on a date with her." Delilah said casually.

Cheryl spits out her wine. "Delilah!" She was about to scold but Toni cut her off.

"Well, Tell your mommy I would love to go on a date with her." Toni smiled.

"Really?" Cheryl asked.

Toni nodded, smirking as she drank her wine.

Cheryl is so getting on Delilah later.

XXX

It was only 8 p.m so decided to head home.

"I had a good time, Toni. Thanks for the ride." Cheryl said, picking a sleeping Delilah.

"Anytime. I'm sure Delilah had a good time." Toni smiled, rubbing Delilah's back.

Toni's hand brushed Cheryl's gently.

Toni retracted her hand, clearing her throat.

"So about that date. I'll um, text you for details?" Toni asked.

"Uh. Yeah." Cheryl smiled.

She turned to enter her apartment.

"Good night, Toni," Cheryl said.

"Good night, Cheryl." Toni smiled, getting into her car.

She just got herself a date with Cheryl, which will change her life forever and she doesn't even know it.