Delilah's fever

1 week later

Delilah woke up sweating like a pig. She didn't know what time it was, or why she was feeling this way.

"Mama!" Delila yelled. "Mama!" She cried.

Toni jumped out of her sleep, instantly getting up. She woke Cheryl up in the process.

Toni runs into Delilah's room. "Baby. What's wrong?" Toni asked.

"I'm not feeling too good." Delilah cried. Cheryl also entered the room.

Toni went to feel her forehead. " You're burning up!" She said, going to get the thermometer.

Cheryl sat next to Delilah. "What hurts?" Cheryl asked.

"My stomach, throat, and eyes," Delilah said as she let out a cough.

"Yeah. It's a fever." Cheryl said, getting up.

"Where are you going?" Delilah asked.

"It's not because of you, it's because your sick. I can't be around you or I could get sick and it wouldn't be good for the boys." Cheryl said.

"Oh." Delilah frowned.

Toni walked back in with a cold rag and the thermometer.

"here. Put this in your mouth." Toni said, placing the stick in Delilah's hand.

Delilah places it in her mouth, watching as Cheryl stood by the door.

It beeped. "Yep. It's a fever." Toni sighed.

"Me and mommy already figured that," Delilah said.

"Okay. So take this." Toni said, placing the grape-flavored medicine in the cap.

Delilah quickly swallowed it, then gave it back to Toni.

"If you don't feel better by the morning I'll have to take you to the hospital," Toni said.

Delilah nodded, laying back down. Toni placed the cold rag on her head so She won't feel so hot.

"Try and get some sleep, okay?" Toni said.

Delilah nodded as Toni and Cheryl walked back out.

XXX

Delilah woke up feeling a lot better.

She yawn then got out of bed. She walked into her parent's room, waking up Toni.

"Mama," Delilah whispered.

Toni turned to face her. "How are you feeling?" She asked above a whisper.

"A lot better." Delilah nodded.

Toni nodded, opening the covers so Delilah could get in.

Delilah climbed into the bed, cuddling into Toni as Toni hold her close.

Just a Lil smth smth🤷🏽