Prologue

Taking a deep breath, I stare at the reflection in my mirror. Digging my nails nervously into my palm. Biting my lip as I critique everything about my reflection to myself, wanting everything to be perfect for today. Making sure that there wasn't a hair out of place, I grab my comb and quickly, yet gently, comb the rest of my hair back to make sure there wasn't a bump in my hair. My hair was down swinging by my shoulders with a black headband sitting proudly on the top of my head. The stray hairs being pinned down by hairspray that'll be a pain to brush out tonight.

Making sure that my clothes were that of an ideal role model for the job I'd be assigning myself too. Wearing a simple top on my upper half, plain and simple, and jeans on my lower half. Nothing too fancy yet nothing too informal. Smart causal, if you will.

My heart hammers in my chest as I open my wardrobe door for the fifth time this morning, looking over the tops that I haven't tried on. Biting my lip as I assess the hanging articles of clothing, tapping my nail against the wood of the closet. A small, annoyed groan leaving my lips as I think that the outfit I'm wearing isn't good enough. Why am I so indecisive?! Should I put a tie on? Maybe a blouse would have been better? Maybe I should have worn dress pants? Would a suit jacket be too formal?

A pillow slamming into the back of my head chases me out of my thoughts as I look behind me. Smiling sheepishly toward my roommate, I rub the back of my neck as she arches a brow and crosses her arms over her chest. Her pale blue antennae shaking slightly and ends glowing a light red to show her slight annoyance. Her alluring purple eyes shimmering with assurance as she sits up.

Sakino was my roommate. A major in the dramatic arts, wishing to become a famous actress or director as the years go by. Her quirk was a mutation quirk, her skin was a gorgeous light blue with two antennae poking out of her forehead with vibrant purple eyes that are always full of fun and laughter. Blunt and to the point. Always telling me when I needed a bit more or to stop worrying.

And that's what I needed right now before I ended up changing my whole outfit and hairstyle for the fifth time!

"You look fine, (Y/n), don't be so hard on yourself," she says, stretching her arms over her head as she slides off the bed and shuts the wardrobe door with a loud slam, a small sigh leaving my lips, "You look great, they'll love you,"

"Maybe I should have my hair up?" I ask looking toward her as I fiddle with the belt loops of my jeans, whining as she shakes her head, "Come on, Sakino... I don't look right,"

"(Y/n) (L/n), you look great! No take backs!" She says flicking my forehead making me whine and rub it gently, pouting toward her as she tucks a strand of hair behind my ear, "You're gonna be great, trust me, I know these things, just be yourself and they'll love you,"

"But... this is Pro Hero territory... This is Shoto and Creati we're talking about and their children," I reply, wanting to run my fingers through my hair but know I can't otherwise I'll mess it up, "What if they take one look at me and turn me away? What if I fall over and embarrass myself? What if... what if I cry? Oh my god! What if I -"

"(Y/n)! You're overthinking it, breathe," Sakino says, holding my arms and rubbing her hands up and down, breathing with me as I look toward her, taking deep breaths before nodding gently, "Atta girl, you'll be fine. Trust me. I'm sure they're not as scary as they seem, they must be really nice, just because they're Pro Heroes doesn't mean you have to be intimidated by them, okay? You'll do great!"

"If you say so..." I hum, clearing my throat as I look toward my reflection again to make sure that everything is good before nodding to myself in confidence, "Okay! I can do this!"

"That's the spirit! Now go there and get that job!" Sakino says cheering, laughing to herself as I grab my bag and sling it over my shoulder, "And get me some treats on the way home!"