THE KIDNAP

[EVA'S POV]

I shake the bad thoughts away from my head and try to concentrate on my image in the mirror. Today is the day. The day I get married to Hudson Lockmore, the hottest guy I know and multifaceted billionaire. I'm going to be his wife forever. I'm gonna have his kids. I'm gonna become Eva Lockmore. All this is hard to take in.

Suddenly I feel cold hands on my shoulder. I see Britney standing behind me with a smile on her face, looking nervous.

"Nervous?" she asks.

"Yeah, kinda."

"It's normal. You'll be fine."

"Have you been married before?" I ask.

"No. But Hudson once was." she says.

I turn around to look at her, feeling shocked. "He did? He never told me about it."

"That means he doesn't want you to know. It's hard to talk about. I'm only telling you because it will make you feel better. You'll be the perfect wife, I know that."

"Why are you so sure?"

"His ex wife was called Nia. They were very much in love. But when she died, he lost it. He got really gloomy and there was no hope of him getting married again. Until he met you." Britney says, stroking my hair.

"How did she die?"

"She uh... she got murdered by a business rival. She was a fashionista. Her designs sold very well, helping to boost Apexi Industries. So Hudson's business rival got jealous and sued Hudson and Nia for stealing his designs. They got into an argument afterwards. The next morning Nia was dead. She was stabbed to death. All evidences were against the business rival, and when he realized he was going to be incarcerated, he killed himself."

That rings a bell in my head. "Hudson has told me something about this. Is the business rival by any chance, his brother Ace?"

Britney nods. "Essentially, yes. Those years had been hard for him. First he lost our dad, then his wife, then his brother. But since you came, you've made him happier. You changed his life. So there's nothing to worry about. You are just the one."

I nod slowly. "Thank you."

"Good."

"Um, Britney?"

"Yes?"

"I called my best friend Baxter hours ago. He's doing my makeup. He should be here by now."

"He's not showed up yet. But until then Ryan would be here to do your hair. Ryan has to be here in two minutes, so I'm gonna go get him. Okay?"

"Okay."

Britney pats my shoulder reassuringly and leaves. I just sit there waiting, trying to convince myself that everything is okay.
Exactly two minutes later, a tall, well built guy wearing all black with a cap on walks into my dressing room.

"Uh, hi. You must be Ryan. Nice to see you."

Ryan smiles. "Nice to see you too. It's a pleasure to work with you, especially since you're getting married to Hudson Lockmore. You must be special."

I give a coy smile. "Maybe."

"I thought as much." he smiles, setting his tools on a chair behind me. He takes out a hair spray and walks towards me, shaking it. He then starts to run his hands through my hair.

"You have beautiful hair."

"Thank you."

"I'm gonna spray it with a deodorizer, so you'd have to close your eyes so that it doesn't hurt you." he says.

"Oh, um, alright." I say and comply. With my eyes closed, I feel Ryan's hands roaming across my scalp. It feels nice honestly. But then the nice feeling in my hair goes away when his hands move tentatively down my neck, massaging it.

I laugh a little. "This feels nice. I was pretty nervous earlier."

"Really? Then let's see whether this feels nice." he says. Before I can respond, I feel a crick in my neck and everything goes black.

🎵
Song recommendation: Otokajo by Jang Geun Suk👌